Thailand Pass set to replace CoE

Mekong

From Thailand Pass Website this morning

Thailand Pass will open for registration on 1 November 2021 at 09.00 hrs. We recommend you to register for Thailand's new electronic entry document (Thailand Pass QR code) at least 7 days prior to your travel date. For travellers who have been granted COE (Certificate of Entry) and will arrive in Thailand from 1 November 2021 onwards, the COE remains valid for entering Thailand. Travellers can update the approved COE with the revised terms and condition of stay complying with new entry regulations by downloading the new COE at the registration website (coethailand.mfa.go.th) or the link from your COE approval notification email

So that is telling me CoE until 8 November 

They say us British invented bureaucracy but the Thais sure has hell perfected it.

Some comments about Thailand Pass Debut from Bangkok Post Comments.

• Error from API server, Crash, start again, Error from API server, Crash wait start again.
  • Not compatible with Chrome Browser
  • Cannot upload multi page PDF or any PDF, Single PNG or JPG only
  • Passport Number set to 13 Digits (same number as Thai ID Card), it is 9 Digits for UK, EU, US and I presume other passports.
  • If received J&J Janssen One Shot Vaccine you are out of luck, two shots mandatory.

API server error comes from website host, Error Code 500 “There is an unknown problem”

You would have thought they would have tested it on the most popular browser, I suspect they are using EDGE ( Internet Explorer by a new name)

FFS who uses PNG or JPG in 2021

Again thinking like Thais and not for international customers

But you need two jabs (Nothing about 3 if jabbed in Thailand with Sinovac)

These are not “Teething Errors” it is as if they have launched an untested website on the General Public and expect them to troubleshoot it.

Many knowledgeable people discuss these problems right now and in the end it works. Some received their QR-code within hours or a day. I cannot comment any further because I do hardly know what a QR-code is. People like myself would be totally lost as things are at this moment. I am more familiar with the ability to drink beer in the evening which they seem to have allowed by now.

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

I am more familiar with the ability to drink beer in the evening which they seem to have allowed by now.

Not quite smoothly yet though - I saw reports of places being closed down for not having the SHA+ required certification.

Also from today's clarification - but Baby Steps!  

“For those who do not finish their alcoholic drinks after the 9pm deadline, they should take their bottles home or try to drink up or just throw them away. Officials will be sent to make regular inspections.”

My suggestion is to pay attention to domestic tourism first, then bring on the internationals - and even then start with people who basically want to come "home" to Thailand (for work / family) before the "normal" tourism is opened. 

On 10/26/2021 at 9:00 PM, buffalo_bill said:

Mr Waerth, many moons ago you mentioned your source of income; I would imagine under current circumstances you would have to overcome numerous obstacles. How do you manage?

Hello BuBi, hope all is well.

Well you just check the rues before you fly. Simple as that. And you make sure you are first in line to vaccinate.

Normally if I would get a call to go somewhere I could answer whether I would do it in 5 seconds. Now I need to answer give me 2 minutes to figure out the regulations for that place. Although some countries I know out of my head, they could always have done a last minute change.

Luckily there are many groups on whatsapp and telegram of people whom do the same work. There are maybe 500 people doing this fulltime and most are in one of those groups. We use it as a collective memory bank and most people will post a message if something changes in the entry requirements for their country. So usually I know the new rules 1 or 2 days before the news media reports about it.

Thailands new Thailandpass makes it easier for people going on holiday. But not for people in my work whom know at best 24 hours beforehand if they are going somewhere. Often I show up at a check in counter and my ticket was just booked which means it isn't even in their system yet!!!

Luckily most airports now have testing and rapid PCR on site. Although it sometimes costs a fortune. In most of 2020 this was the biggest problem for my work. The time it took to get results for a test,

11 hours ago, Mekong said:

FFS who uses PNG or JPG in 2021

For images, me.

PDFs are superior where there's text and formatting and so on, as well as images. Then you can search them and password them and et al.

Though I'd accede, to any superior knowledge on this.

.pdf is only searchable if the original is saved as such, or can be converted (Tools / Recognise Text / Searchable) i.e, not Password protected and using same pdf software (i.e. Ghostscript can’t edit Adobe etc)

• JPG images are ideal for posting photos and images online, as they keep file size down without much overall quality loss. They are also great for emailing preview images to clients, and for printing artwork and photographs at high resolution.
  • PNG images are ideal for web graphics, especially logos, illustrations, and graphs. They can shrink to very small file sizes when colors and elements are limited, which is another plus. The greatest advantage of a PNG is that the image can be fully transparent, allowing you to place illustrations and designs on top of backgrounds effortlessly. PNG is also a top choice if images will be edited and saved multiple times.
  • PDF images are ideal for printing, especially for graphic design, posters, and flyers. PDF images are also an ideal choice for storing images online when you intend them to be downloaded. PDFs keep your images in one packet so viewers can print and save designs and booklets easily.

Christ Kong, I was 20 years in desktop publishing and web development, I was trying to put it in simple terms.

I wondered if your comment, was suggesting that jpg or png, had been superseded by another format... i.e. SVG

18 hours ago, Mekong said:

You would have thought they would have tested it on the most popular browser, I suspect they are using EDGE ( Internet Explorer by a new name)

Edge uses the Chrome backend, so if it works on Edge it should work on Chrome. I think it's just random errors on an overloaded and under tested system.