Moves to disband Pheu Thai begin as vote nears

Mekong

Members of the military-backed ruling party asked the Election Commission to start a probe that could disband the main competition ahead of a vote expected in early 2022.

Two people including a member of Palang Pracharath, which backs Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, said the opposition Pheu Thai party linked to former leader Thaksin Shinawatra broke rules after he recently appeared on a video call with its members. Thaksin was ousted in a 2006 coup, and has lived in self-exile for more than a decade following a corruption conviction he says was politically motivated.  

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2204455/moves-to-disband-pheu-thai-begin-as-vote-nears

Such obvious corruption, declare your main opposition illegal then hold an election, the junta is afraid of free elections with any opposition because they know more than 50% of the electorate hates their guts and wants them out.

3 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Coss they usually wait, but not always, until someone else leads parliament

22 May 2014, nearly 7.5 years since the coup, some people forget that Thailand is ruled by military junta. Forget the March 019 elections, they were just for show.

The military ousting the military, that could prove interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Pheu Thai faces new dissolution threat

Petition targets Thaksin's daughter

Accused of being in contact with Thaksin I.e, Talking with her Dad.

Against 112 (Less Majeste) The whole of Pheu Thai are against it.

What now ban the whole Opposition Party for opposing the so called government, isn’t that what the opposition parties are supposed to do in a democracy.
If a Government silences its opposition it stops being a democratic government and is a dictatorship, and people wonder why I refer to it as a dictatorship.

The so called government is running very scared now.