Reopening checks find only six tourist infections

Mekong

So ONLY 6 infected, out of 4500
https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2209123/reopening-checks-find-only-six-tourist-infections

That is 0.1333% sounds low, but apply that to Thailand population of 69.8 Million and it is over 93,000.

Yesterday Thailand reported less then 6,800 Infections therefore the infection rate amongst tourist is approx 14.5 times greater than the general population, yet is is reported as ONLY

Approx 1.5 Million  per month we’re tested in Thailand during September, so 100,000 over the same 2 day period so infection rate of 14% if those tested. 
The 14% figure could be taken at face value since the only people tested in Thailand are the ones showing symptoms therefore it could be argued that the ones not tested did not have Covid and that 14% comes down to 0,2% which it 1,5 times higher than tourists / arrivals

Also in September only 20% of Population had been double vaccinated, today it is 45%  more compare to the tourists / arrivals who are 100% Vaccinated.

Does that mean that you were 5 times more likely to test positive if not Vaccinated, it would take a cleverer man than me to answer that but surely an increased risk and even if only twice the risk the the Thai infection rates fall below those of tourist / arrival.

I admit I was incorrect with my initial comment, and stand corrected, I was comparing apples with oranges. It would be interesting to see infection rates amongst 100% Vaccinated Thais for a true comparison. 

1 hour ago, buffalo_bill said:

Would it be possible to go somewhere in Thailand and so to say buy a Biontec or Moderna-vaccination at whatever price?

Not to my knowledge, I have tried, trust me. There is no Moderna in the country yet, first batch of 560.000 due 8th November

BioNtrch is on order and is dribbling in slowly but I reckon I have more chance of wining Euro Millions than getting my hands on any.

On 11/4/2021 at 4:16 AM, buffalo_bill said:

All incoming tourists have to pass repeated tests, so they find everybody. What would happen if they test all over Thailand at the same rate? No idea.

It won't find every infection. It can take up to 2 weeks from the day one is infected to testing  positive for Covid. A test 3 days before arrival and a test at the airport. So that is a 4 day span.

A man on another forum said today that last week about 14.000 subjects arrived at BKK airport, other than 70.000 / day in the past. Which would then mean 14.000 against 490.000. No idea how many just transiting of the latter, but numbers so far are rather low. On the other hand, who can jump on a plane after just a few days final notice. Time will tell how it goes.

Pit of those 14,000 or many were returning Thais and Expats, the Number of actual Tourists is much lower.

I mean they are celebrating the arrival of 83 Tourists in Chiang Mai compared to 9.000 per day per Covid, I wouldn’t call less then 1% “Numbers” but as Bubi stated too soon to call yet, give it a month for the real picture.

Wouldn't come for tourism. And for my work this whole setup is too difficult. Just got called. This afternoon to London. Tomorrow to El Paso USA. My tickets still need to be issued (as usual). In my line of work simply couldn't wait for 3 days to get a Thailand pass.