So few remain - however remain emotionally attached to thai360.com.

Kiwi

How life changes our time and desires. Had a long chat to a buddie ( of many years ) this morning. We are both from NZ however met in Bangkok in 2000. Both now in our 60s and see LOS in a different perspective. Ten or so visits and 20 years later - could never repeat the pace of years back. Mind you,business has an impact as well. Nonetheless we both look forward to a few pints / the sand beaches of Phuket/ the never ending smiles in the bars late into the night/ and the freedom of time on or hands. 

Give me that pint ! 

• Like 2

Decades ago there used to be gatherings of a large group of mongers,

Meet up at a place near cowboy, usually one with great burgers or a midget at the  door run by Santos,

Then off to all the bars as a large group, numbers fluctuating depending where someone dropped of or rejoined the mob.

And the great joy was a post on Monday or Sunday about the bar crawl.

Who got drunk, was the most handsome man, an online debate would follow on line defending oneself from disappearing so soon, and your opinion of that great bar sucks.

For those living overseas it was a great way to remember what you might be missing

In Oz we'd have our own get together, sitting at a mates place, now passed on, getting Thai food and beer, if lucky even Thai beer, and talking about past bar crawls.

Ahhh the mamories!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Fark, I had totally forgot about Santos’ Dwarf Doorman, what was his name “Dui” or something similar.

For me personally, and many others I assume, the heyday was 1997 during the Asian Financial Crisis, twice as much THB for you Buck, Cheaper prices, Girls without attitude, Internet in its infancy and pre social media, ohhh happy days indeed.

I am still stuck in Bangkok, wouldn’t have it any other way, mind you the bar hopping days are In the dim and distant past. As much as it pains us to admit it, we get older and parts of out bodies start rebelling, breaking or just falling off. We all eventually have to slow down before we burn out, some by choice and some by final warning from the Doctor.

My last visit to the beach

CCFDED36-A23A-476C-857F-C9187EDDF928.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Those gatherings on a Friday Night were always a good laugh and a great place to exchange stories, tips and laughs - met some absolute legends over the years. I also started in 2000. The corner bar on the 1st floor (2nd to our American friends) - Woodstock? Or was that elsewhere - For some reason I remember it did Mexican food? Then it changed to Gulliver's on Soi 7(?) and then somewhere in Cowboy.

The other bar on the same floor of Nana did 100 baht all you could drink Changs, or 30B if you just wanted a couple. American owner IIRC. Great spot watching people coming and going.

Still in touch with most of the original London Contingent via social media, and hopefully be able to catch up for a few frothies in a better place at some stage soon! 

• Like 1

You are correct it was Woodstock’s on first floor of the plaza

Gullivers is on Sukhumvit Soi 5

After Gullies it was at Los Cabos Sukhumvit Soi 14

Last meetings were upstairs at Bradmans on Sukhumvit Soi 23, just around the corner from Cowboy.

I remember one Friday  meet 2012 at det5 on Sukhumvit Soi 8, cannot remember if that was on one off or a weekly event

The was a one off meeting, Sunday Brunch at Molly Malones on Soi Convent 2014

There was also another one off circa 2016 when somebody was in town, I didn’t attend that one

• Like 2

I remember Sarisin from those days, a real ego maniac but a lot of fun, especially his new years eve champagne do at Tilac bar. Unfortunately 'exposed' by that scumbag Scottish gutter journalist for having a an ASFO hat and going out to have a good time. He also had a few threats to somebody else on here, better not mention him 🙄

• Like 1