So few remain - however remain emotionally attached to thai360.com.

Kiwi

On 2/19/2022 at 1:17 AM, Mekong said:

Come on KS do the Maths on probabilities 

The chances of 2 people from outside TH here at the same time 1 in 26 (Based in 2 week visit)

For 3 people that rises to 1 in 676 

When people plan their trips to Thailand the last thing on their mind would be a scheduled extraordinary board meeting, availability of time of work, availability and cost of flights etc sure, probability of sitting with a bunch of people whom one knows from the internet, not so sure.

I am not calling Coss “Billy no mates” but if he was to announce in advance he would be in town I would has at a guess you would be probably be able to count on one hand the people who would show up.

As an extension of the Friday night where nigh on no-one might actually turn up to scheduled meetings in pre mobile phone days when you'd have to return to the internet cafe to check a message to see if or why someone from overseas hadn't turned up etc., it would take a lot to bring people together now, age and other shit aside.

In truth, technology may make working together easier but it drives people apart because you can do so much without ever meeting. Back in the day, merely 20 years ago, you had to be there and people crossed continents on the back of a promise not lightly given and not likely broken.

Today, you couldn't get 5 guys living in London to meet up in London so what hope is there for a meet in Bangkok.

Strangely enough, I'm one of the daft loons who might well turn up. Trouble is, I might be on my own !

Hey, Stickman, I remember your get-together at Nana, was actually hanging on to a strap on the Skytrain on the way there and later realised it was you just a few feet away on the same train.

Also a few trips down to Bradmans (think it was called something different back then) met with KS, Coss and yourself. Another get together was organised by the now defunct Schoochers crowd; met up with the likes of Phet, Union Hill, Marc Holt - fun days. 

However, that was a long time ago, I don't go into town unless absolutely necessary and the flashing lights and chrome poles don't hold the same appeal any more.

If you (KS, Stick?) do think of organising something I may just drag myself over just for the hell of it. Still mostly in Bangkok.

Cheers!

VK aka Sick Water Buffalo

Hi,

While it would certainly be fun, my guess is that we'd only get a dozen or so people to show. And that with several months' advance notice.
And of course, not much point doing it while covid restrictions are still in place as that would make travel just unnecessarily more annoying.

Having said all that, I suppose we could just pick a date toward the end of the year and create a sticky post for it. Response to that could determine whether or not it would be worth investing more time/effort.

Thoughts?

Sanuk!

5 hours ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

While it would certainly be fun, my guess is that we'd only get a dozen or so people to show. 

Thoughts?

Sanuk!

In 2022 there have been 18 posters on Thai360 of which 6 are in Thailand and 12 are overseas. Of those 12 2 only post in one Thread each

And you think 66% of them would turn up? I like your optimism 

On 4/22/2022 at 9:04 PM, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

While it would certainly be fun, my guess is that we'd only get a dozen or so people to show. And that with several months' advance notice.
And of course, not much point doing it while covid restrictions are still in place as that would make travel just unnecessarily more annoying.

Having said all that, I suppose we could just pick a date toward the end of the year and create a sticky post for it. Response to that could determine whether or not it would be worth investing more time/effort.

Thoughts?

Sanuk!

I think this is a good idea. Set a date long in advance at a time when people tend to visit gives people the best chance to make it. And even if only a small number turn up, I'm sure it would still be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 1:20 PM, Pom Michael said:

Agreed - once or twice a year type of event would be good. 

Anyone remember the name of the venue where we had the Server Party?  On Soi 11 if I remember correctly.

Holy Lord, I remember the event taking place  like about 100 years ago. I am quite familiar with Soi 11 these days but cannot identify any venue, we were at an upper floor somewhere.

• 1 month later...