So few remain - however remain emotionally attached to thai360.com.

Kiwi

59 minutes ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

>But who is left in Bangkok to go?

Wasn't talking of only those in BKK. Once travel is back to normal and if planned well in advance, those outside of TH could potentially also attend.

Sanuk!
Es 

Come on KS do the Maths on probabilities 

The chances of 2 people from outside TH here at the same time 1 in 26 (Based in 2 week visit)

For 3 people that rises to 1 in 676 

When people plan their trips to Thailand the last thing on their mind would be a scheduled extraordinary board meeting, availability of time of work, availability and cost of flights etc sure, probability of sitting with a bunch of people whom one knows from the internet, not so sure.

I am not calling Coss “Billy no mates” but if he was to announce in advance he would be in town I would has at a guess you would be probably be able to count on one hand the people who would show up.

• Thanks 1

Bad idea to re start meet up, things revisited are rarely as good and all you would be doing is talking about how much better the past was

2 hours ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

>But who is left in Bangkok to go?

Wasn't talking of only those in BKK. Once travel is back to normal and if planned well in advance, those outside of TH could potentially also attend.

Sanuk!

Bad idea to re start meet ups, things revisited are rarely as good and it would be mostly talking about how much better the past was.

For one reason or another, we often perceive that our past is better, or was more enjoyable than our present is. But truthfully, more often than not, the past wasn’t actually better or more enjoyable; it’s just that we seem to remember it that way, and this occurs for a variety of reasons.

When you reflect on your past, you’re able to look back with a complete sense of certainty of what is going to happen next. You might look back to some fun times with friends, or a professional accomplishment, and reminisce about those fun times knowing full well with the benefit of hindsight how it was going to play out. But in the present moment, you can’t do this because life is full of uncertainties, sources of discomfort, and stress

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mekong said:

I am not calling Coss “Billy no mates” but if he was to announce in advance he would be in town I would has at a guess you would be probably be able to count on one hand the people who would show up.

Well there'd be me, for a start...

Also bar person and serving wench/s

• 3 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

yesterday took a box from my evidence room where I collect unbelievably precious items like 35 year old airline tickets ( PanAm), fuel-powered cigarette lighters and such. I found a folder which holds posts from the old Delphi Board which due to devine inspiration I happed to print and file. Guys like t.ngern, ricscurr, scumbaggio, greekelvis. If they are still alive? These were really great times on the communication sector before childish timewasters like facebook, instagram started to pollute the world. This was from 2002.

• Like 1

Bubi,

It must be from pre-2002 since I joined nana plaza.com in May 2001 just after it had moved from Delphi.

I knew ricscurr both in real life and from an MSN forum (who remembers those hey).

If you think his posts were good, the stories he had that he did not post on here were even better. I am still good friend IRL with a few me,beers of the old MSN board but unfortunately lost contact with Ricko / ricscurr.

Just read a gem " Marriage in Buriram" for the umpteenth time. It almost makes my teeth flying through the room with laughter. A Norwegian bloke taken to the cleaners somewhere  countryside and after paying alltogether 300.000 Baht to a number of people thought he was now married. God bless him, also from 2002.

Mekong, I joined probably in 1998 or so, cannot remember exactly. My printouts are dated 9/2002 and  show the Delphi-layout. Shall have another look tonight. What came after Delphi?