Bangkok’s New Wetland Park

Coss

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Article

“On the western end of the park, there is a large grass lawn surrounded by a half amphitheater.”

That should read “at the western end of the park can be found the world famous  a a Plaza” 😬

Who would use it, the original Benjakitti Park opened in 2004 and I have walked there a grand total of zero times. For “Wetland” read”Mosquito Breeding Zone”, like as if I am going to walk in the Bangkok sum through an unshaded ares through Mosquito Central for fun, I can think of a lot better things to do

Great, twice the size that not many people will use

Lumpini Park is so popular because not only is is a nice peaceful green zone in the midst of the concrete metropolis, it has trees / shaded areas in which to relax.

The wetlands by contrast, looking at the photos, is all open, not many Thais will want to get the nasty sunlight on their oh so pristine white skin now would they.

As Rudyard Kipling observed, and made into song by Noel Coward “Only Mad Dogs and Englishmen go out in the mid day sun” and even this Englishman doesn’t.

1 hour ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Was a good short cut when driving to go through the old tobacco factory

If I remember correctly Security Guards at the little barriers on wheels used to charge either 10 or 20 Baht to drive through the Old Tobacco complex.