Tonga Volcanic Eruption Explained (Sort of)

bust

8 hours ago, bust said:

Not sure how accurate the explanation is but found it very entertaining 😀

Pretty much, Pacific Ocean suddenly encounters, ginormous caldera of molten rock - Kaboom

I like one of the comments for the vid:

"Living on the other side of that fence has to be nerve-racking."

7 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Nah, fibre won't cut again

Sort of like my occasional questions -"what happens when the electricity stops?"

I was listening to a bloke who was CEO of the cable company whose cable is no more, he has only very limited contact via - Satellite Phone.

They're gonna send a ship...

Not to minimise the disaster, but they had been watching Hunga Tonga-Hunga Ha'apai, and wondering, as it farted and rumbled and generally looked dangerous, changing and losing parts of the above sea portion, when will it blow?

Like a pitbull pig dog, cool dog to have, until it eats the baby.

Quite a while before

vol2.jpg.e605eda7c04da76019466b21031a5335.jpg

During

vol1.jpg.ebcaf04cf597d4e094cc14df477aff35.jpg

Before/After

vol.jpg.4402223eed9a73f205f6da853f21ae87.jpg

5 hours ago, Coss said:

Sort of like my occasional questions -"what happens when the electricity stops

As I have said before, it won’t go off overnight, it will be rationed and affordable only to the rich, there will be a “Mad Max” scenario to obtain and control power lines 

Fortunately for me it won’t happen in my lifetime, and those woke millennials deserve everything they are going to get.

17 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Tonga had the chance three years ago to get a great solution, low cost, for immediate back up if again there was a fibre cut. 

Nah, fibre won't cut again

Hahahaha

Satellites aren't as expensive as they used to be :dunno:

Besides OP was about the volcano not communications :neener:

4 hours ago, Mekong said:

As I have said before, it won’t go off overnight, it will be rationed and affordable only to the rich, there will be a “Mad Max” scenario to obtain and control power lines 

Fortunately for me it won’t happen in my lifetime, and those woke millennials deserve everything they are going to get.

Just hookup the Zombies to the generators! :ghost:

24 minutes ago, baa99 said:

Just hookup the Zombies to the generators! :ghost:

Power Generation by Human (or Zombie) is very inefficient, at best can power a radio or charge a phone.

Burning them on the other hand can produce 150kv/h of electricity, just make sure they are dead before put on gas mark 6

1 hour ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Wouldn't they produce more (kinetic) energy if they were still alive when burned? At least for a little while.

Sanuk!

No, as mentioned very inefficient approx 50 - 150 Watts per hour so 1000 hours of exercise to produce the same as burning the body.

On average humans only exercise 2 hours per week, for every 2 hours per day in the gym type there must be 50 sat on their arse type.

So, 300 watts is a dim 40 Watt light bulb for just over an hour per day, most if not all gyms have lighting and air con. If you cook food, 300 Watts will give 15 minutes microwave use. An electric kettle would be the same as a 40 watt light bulb.

Watching TV 60 watts per hour. Your average router uses 6 watts per hour or 144 per day so nearly half what you generate would be needed for internet access at your end but don’t use you laptop too much at 50 to 100 watts per hour.

So basically you wouldn’t get much from exercising, but at least it is renewable, burning corpses is only renewable if you believe in reincarnation, but if so regenerated a lot quicker then so called “Green Energy” wood pellets.