Antivaxxing, Election Theft, 5G hesitancy etc - it's all a grift.

Coss

An American saying: "Grifters gonna grift"

Most of us here, on this board are sane enough and old enough, to feel it in their water, when they encounter a grift.

However, a great big, ginormous, huge, lot of the under 50s, are feckless and gullible, as their first reaction, to anything.

As a description ('Describer' - for the under 50s) this article here, at CNN is well written and details the actions of Neil Young, the famous musician, in removing his music from Spotify, in particular, because of the misinformation spread by grifters, like Joe Rogan (Spotify gave Rogan $100 million).

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/25/opinions/neil-young-joe-rogan-spotify-filipovic/index.html

Recommended reading.

excerpts:

...And now Young is asking the company to act as well.  "I want you to let Spotify know immediately TODAY that I want all my music off their platform," he wrote. "They can have Rogan or Young. Not both."...

...Reasonable people, though, may very well believe that when Rogan presents his guests as well-informed experts that they are indeed well-informed experts. Rogan claims his show is an intellectually honest exploration of ideas. The Covid misinformation Rogan is spreading is told as truth. And a startling number of people clearly believe it...

___

So, how to convince the under 50s, to use their brains, instead of their hand held video devices? (Herein after,  HHVD )