Ukraine

Mekong

Russian oligarch Abramovich spotted in Israeli airport

BYWTJ7P4MZO35HO2DGS5IKYDDY.jpg

of note: whilst he is waiting in a VIP lounge for his own plane, it is interesting that he, like us proles, values the comforts, of VIP lounges.

Not much of an Oligarch, if he has to wait, and then in a place that mere rich people have to use.

If I was an Oligarch, I'd want my own private place, to wait and I wouldn't have to wait.

Two Fox Journalists Killed In Ukraine, Underscoring Dangers

So Cav, is  Russia is killing Fox people reporting on the "limited Military Operation" (known to the rest of us as "The Invasion") after lionising Tucker Carlson?

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/international/2022/03/16/two-fox-journalists-killed-in-ukraine-underscoring-dangers/

Toss up between posting in the USA thread and this one...

Looks like Putin is trying for "Full Adolph"

Despite "technical" glitches

"Russian TV cuts off Vladimir Putin mid-speech during major Moscow rally"

and 

"Russia's TV broadcast showed rapturous crowds waving white-blue-and-red Russian flags at the packed 81,000-seat venue, while some people in the audience had Russia's national colours painted on their cheeks.

The letter Z, which recently emerged as the symbol of the supporters of the war, was also prominently displayed at the concert: The hosts of the show wore ribbons folded in the Z-shape in their lapels, and "Z" was displayed in the banner just over Mr Putin's head saying "For a world without Nazism"."

Q: why does he need a rally?

Q2: "Why do they need to constantly reference Nazism, and use the "Z" as an emblem when they already have a flag, you know the Russian flag?

worth a look:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/russia-ukraine-war-russian-tv-cuts-off-vladimir-putin-mid-speech-during-major-moscow-rally/FDH55QN6NW3NRU2OPTPBAOYWTU/

7 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

I read TASS - worth the look every now and then, not as biased as I'd expect

Examples of propagation of disinformation in relation to the Russo-Ukrainian War are as follows:

• TASS claimed that Zelenskyy fled Kyiv following the invasion and also that he had surrendered. Zelenskyy used social media to post statements, videos and photos to counter the Russian disinformation.
  • TASS made unsubstantiated claims that Ukraine is making a nuclear dirty bomb.
  • In March 2022 TASS published unsubstantiated claims that "Ukrainian nationalists" were responsible for Ukrainian civilians not being able to leave the city of Mariupol while the city was besieged and bombed by the Russian military.

We must have differing standards of impartiality.

Sure - and I've seen plenty of crazy stuff from the west. Not saying they do spread propaganda, ever read Murdoch press?

That said they do provide an interesting insight into the other side and plenty of accurate stuff too, for example being allowed to still use frozen accounts to pay interests payments so as to avoid defaults I hadn't seen widely discussed in the west.

Also what seems to be forgotten, all the western press even agrees that the majority of russians support the invasion.

That makes a palace coup very difficult to do

There is a difference Murdoch is independent Publisher Bullshit whereas TASS is State Sponsored News Agency Bullshit..

You have to compare TASS with the likes of Agence France Press (AFP), Associated Press (AP) or Reuters 

The function of a news agency is to deliver up to date, impartial, news items to newspapers, periodicals, radio and television broadcasters, government agencies etc.

The publisher, Murdoch is the one you referred to, will put there own political twist and bias on a Story dependent upon target readership.

Basically News Agencies should be impartial and Newspapers print lies.