Fixing up a house that has ghosts

dean

After 3 years away, if Thailand gets rid of all Covid requirements for those with the 2 shots and booster, I’ll be back either next Fall or early winter.  I still have the house near Chiangmai, unoccupied at the moment.  My wife also was left a house just north of the airport in the Zhongshan Dong area, by her deceased ex husband. I’m not sure in what condition it’s in, but it does need a roof.  I’ll be moving back permanently in 4-4.5 years, after my son graduates from high school.  My wife may or may not move back, as 6 months ago, she opened a Thai restaurant in the Kansas City area, with a loan from me.  It’s my insurance policy for her, in case something happens to me.  
The problem with the house is my wife’s best friend was occasionally going by the Hong Dong house but won’t now, since she and her son has seen the ghost of my wife’s ex inside the house.  From what I understand, some neighbors have either seen the ghost or believe my wife’s friend account.  The lady that takes care of my house refuses to go to house to take pictures because of the ghost sighting.  When I go over later this year, I would like to stay at least 2 months to work on my house and get the Hong Dong house ready to rent out, if it is salvageable. Am I going to have problems going anyone to work on it?  I’m assuming that I need to erect a spirit house and have monks bless the house. I’ll do it if that ends the ghost stories. What do you guys think?  Will I always have a problem renting the house because of the ghost stories and nosy neighbors telling them to potential renters?  I have no idea if the neighborhood is strictly Thai or if I can rent to foreigners who wouldn’t be put off by the ghost stories.  

After 6 months of blood pressure medication, I should be fine next fall when I finally see the house/ghost.  I do like the idea of convincing neighbors that the ghost of my wife’s ex moved a couple of blocks away.  In my younger days, I moved into an apartment where I knew that a lady had been murdered. Didn’t bother me a bit for the 3 years that I lived there.  

Sir, this is really serious. And it is the full truth which I swear by the Almighty:

Several years ago I coincidentially walked down Soi 7 and passing by the Beergarden I saw a woman of almost uncredible beauty. She did even smile at me and I asked her if she probably could sacrifice some spare time to accompany me for dinner and discuss further possibilities. Only if her time allowed of course. Later we arrived at a hotel deep into Soi 18 ( Park Plaza) and she finally refused to enter the room because the door of the room had been painted in black colour. They always say it is the Land of Smiles but it isn´t. Later Madame decided to abandon her doubts but I am still sure it was because I had not settled the bill yet.

Conclusion: cash beats ghost.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2022 at 1:46 PM, buffalo_bill said:

Sir, this is really serious. And it is the full truth which I swear by the Almighty:

Several years ago I coincidentially walked down Soi 7 and passing by the Beergarden I saw a woman of almost uncredible beauty. She did even smile at me and I asked her if she probably could sacrifice some spare time to accompany me for dinner and discuss further possibilities. Only if her time allowed of course. Later we arrived at a hotel deep into Soi 18 ( Park Plaza) and she finally refused to enter the room because the door of the room had been painted in black colour. They always say it is the Land of Smiles but it isn´t. Later Madame decided to abandon her doubts but I am still sure it was because I had not settled the bill yet.

Conclusion: cash beats ghost.

That will work in hiring to fix up house but doesn’t help in renting it.  Hopefully, it’s a neighborhood that would attract foreigners