Seven stages of Monger Grief

Coss

As it's the Monger's relationship to the world of people, in discussion, relationships seems to be the best repository for this:

As Mongers age, a few realities start to occur. Initially a blue pill will fix all issues. Then vigorous attention to detail, with exercise regimes and good eating and/or other health pursuits are evident.

There are some who vary the targets for their affections, though as they quickly find out, singing loudly "There'll never be another Ewe...", in the countryside at night, can attract, protective attention and domiciling.

So the Seven stages of Monger Grief:

1:: Stunned Mullet on face,  not the haircut, the look of shock and disbelief when the Monger realises that the lovely Jahliyah, is no longer attainable.

2:: A concerted campaign, to repeat the nights of frolicking, of the past, a denial of reality.

3:: Returning from frolicking re-enactments, an expression of furtiveness and guilt becomes the permanent face of the Monger.

4:: If people near the monger have not noticed, anything out of the ordinary, they soon see, anger and bargaining as a modus operandi, of the affected individual.

5:: Feeling alone, the Monger comes depressed and is often found, near Japanese Koi Ponds or similar places of reflection.

6:: Most, will now attempt, to examine, the previous five stages, reconstructing the details for confirmation.

7:: At this point acceptance, will be achieved. Peace and rest, smile on dial.

8:: Planning for evening trip to Soi Cowboy, preferably in the company of a compatriot from earlier years, in the hope that a representative from the village of the lovely Jahliyah, can be found.

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2022 at 8:18 PM, Coss said:

You're so easy :)

and the joke if there is one,

is that a proper Monger will always return to the pursuit. :)  

A “monger’s” life is chosen for him, be it fate, circumstance what ever, he has no control over it. Last trip on a rare night out alone, I saw a girl on Cowboy I had be utilizing for over 20 years…nostalgia or known value for Bhat..? I also had dinner with the (in?)famous Si Saket Girl from years back…still good friends despite it all… What is that old saying? “…I’d love to be 25 again and know what I know now…” Rings true I suppose.  When I look back on it all, I am reminded of the line from a famous song by my favorite band “…lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it’s been….” Would I change it? No. Would I do things differently..? Maybe here or there, but the life that chose me has been fun, met many good people and had many great times. I can’t imagine the alternative, work in a cubicle, 9-5 day in day out, kids wife etc…everything scripted and never a variance…casting negative dispersions on those like our current selves, while secretly envying them. I got a fortune cookie years back, saved the fortune, it said “…depart not from the path which fate has assigned you…”  

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2023 at 8:42 AM, Old Hippie said:

A “monger’s” life is chosen for him, be it fate, circumstance what ever, he has no control over it. Last trip on a rare night out alone, I saw a girl on Cowboy I had be utilizing for over 20 years…nostalgia or known value for Bhat..? I also had dinner with the (in?)famous Si Saket Girl from years back…still good friends despite it all… What is that old saying? “…I’d love to be 25 again and know what I know now…” Rings true I suppose.  When I look back on it all, I am reminded of the line from a famous song by my favorite band “…lately it occurs to me, what a long strange trip it’s been….” Would I change it? No. Would I do things differently..? Maybe here or there, but the life that chose me has been fun, met many good people and had many great times. I can’t imagine the alternative, work in a cubicle, 9-5 day in day out, kids wife etc…everything scripted and never a variance…casting negative dispersions on those like our current selves, while secretly envying them. I got a fortune cookie years back, saved the fortune, it said “…depart not from the path which fate has assigned you…”  

Just reading your post again, wisdom, in your words.

Maybe we, all here, or most at least, wish we knew then what we know now.

In my case 25, was 40 years ago and I did the wife and kids thing twice, so I could "not learn from my mistakes" and get married a third time.

The pithy sayings can prove the rule and also have wisdom:

Third time lucky, or the variant, Third time's the charm.

• 1 month later...