Transgendered Killer now identifies as Baby

Mekong

Although out of it now, I spent a decent decade and a half working in the (male) prison system down here. This goes on a bit - and it's always women killers that want it. One has been trying for close to 20 years - and is still in a male jail, so that's something. For lack of a medical diagnosis - they are just fucked. Pure and simple. Luckily the powers that be are scared to make big decisions, or more so - scared of the consequences should they approve such a transition. 

On 2/1/2023 at 9:03 AM, My Penis is hungry said:

Red Baron did we used to meet up in Sydney occasionally at a mutual friend now deceased? He worked for the government 

Nope - met plenty of board members in Melbourne (and LOS) over the years but never Sydney - although now I seem to spend a lot of time Sydneyside  - generally work related.

On 1/30/2023 at 4:18 PM, Mekong said:

Maybe because Women Killers, Pedophiles and Rapists have more to gain by going to a women’s prison.

In the UK, and similar no doubt in Australia, such Prisoners are segregated from general prison population

In the system I worked - paedophiles definitely went to protection - women killers and rapists not all the time but it does happen probably more than half the time.

In the UK, Segregation is not for Protection per se, it is to maintain order on the wing(s).

A reason for different treatment of rapist and child killers could be the different demographics between the countries, with the UK being 32 times smaller and a population of 3 times more there is approx a 100:1  more chance of another inmate knowing the victim in the UK than Oz, but I am just guessing 

Yeah maybe - more congestion may increase the chance of someone knowing someone else. Makes sense. Most offences like that are reported by the media so fairly easy for one inmate to spot a paedo etc without a lot of doubt. So "those types" were put into their own accommodation units, areas and there are even prisons set up for specifically that demographic. "Segregation" down here was total isolation. Ideally not done for long periods of time unless absolutely necessary - I saw a few go mad because of it. Humans not interacting with other humans is not good for the mind.