Rocket Lab catches rocket stage in mid air

Coss

I think the point is, that in the event that something goes wrong, it can always drop safely in the water.

Whereas, despite the stunning footage of Spacex rockets landing on land, to do so, they have to carry extra fuel and systems etc, etc,  and could, if it goes wrong, crash on something important.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Coss said:

I think the point is, that in the event that something goes wrong, it can always drop safely in the water.

You mean like, such as dropping it

A. Mekong

You just admitted that by dropping it, that it went wrong

Game Set and Match

3 hours ago, Coss said:

Whereas, despite the stunning footage of Spacex rockets landing on land, to do so, they have to carry extra fuel and systems etc, etc,  and could, if it goes wrong, crash on something important.

OH SHIT

You mean the whole Russian space program of landing on land using just parachutes is a lie?

All launches where water is nearby, as in 100km or so, head out over the water, period, so if something happens they land in water OH SHIT

If something goes wrong is usually a reference to the launch in which case the "FUCK BLOW THE FUCKER UP" button is pressed and it blows up

Musk and his re-using stages is not really about saving costs, having been in this industry and knowing the people, i.e. SpaceX. the costs haven't come down at all.

What the advantage is speed of next launch, and that's mostly for his internet to get it started

But to finish his starlink service, even if he launches once a week, he still won't get the numbers he needs

Hence "Big Fat Rocket"

He needs that operational to get enough satellites into orbit fast enough to have the global coverage he needs

Hence all the gizmos for self landing stages

Your mob are looking for publicity as the world chases small launches as satellites get smaller and smarter

Not saying they aren't smart, but they are located in a shit place to do launches anyway

PNG and Far North QLD are both good places under discussion but the cyclone season is not good, east of FSM, like the Marshall Islands would be good, but lacks the space needed.

27 minutes ago, Mekong said:

You mean like, such as dropping it

A. Mekong

You just admitted that by dropping it, that it went wrong

Game Set and Match

line call,

they were practising, dropping it, to make sure the helicopter's release mechanism, functioned correctly.

>> You mean the whole Russian space program of landing on land using just parachutes is a lie?

no  - talking about re-using stages.

>> Your mob are looking for publicity as the world chases small launches as satellites get smaller and smarter

yes, and cheaper re-usable fuel tubes

No - not cheaper

The advantage is time of turn around

I mean you might know better, I've only been in the negotiations with SpaceX, so you could have a different opinion

A lot of pissed off satellite people that he hasn't dropped to the points he said he would

How he re-uses is brilliant, just don't fall for the PR

I mean I've had to be at the factory in LA a few times, and seen the re-ues set up, engine setting up his machinery, it's fucking awesome. Boeing where I have to be for Satellite negotiations is so fucking DULL

54 minutes ago, Coss said:

line call,

they were practising, dropping it, to make sure the helicopter's release mechanism, functioned correctly.

You previously stated “They didn’t like the way it was hanging and dumped it!” Hardly a “Practice Drop” 

Hawk-Eye rules shot was in

Game Set and Match to Mekong Stands

• 11 months later...