Bangkok Hotel Near One of the Monger Areas

Steve

My gf and I (yes, gf) are going to be in Bangkok for one night before going to Pattaya. I have not 'partied' in Bangkok in over 20 years. I always made a bee line to Pattaya. Anyway, its her first trip, she's excited and we want to see the 'best' (subjective) area to spend the night in among Soi Cowboy, Nana Plaza or Patpong (unless I have forgotten another place). Trip is not till June, we'll get in on a Saturday evening, leaving Sunday afternoon probably next day. Trying to see bars, etc, some shopping, maybe 1 'cultural' site. 

The second issue is a 'decent' hotel. Not looking for 5 star but not 1 star either. 

PS: we both like girls so its not bringing sand to the beach or 'coal to Newcastle' she is the 'beach' haha

Admittedly it was 7 years ago, but MLG and I stayed at Admiral Suites on Soi 22, which is close enough to Soi Cowboy for me (a little walk) but also far enough away, so that newly married MLG, didn't notice the Neon.

Back then, it was a small and nice place. 

Mind you there's a Holiday Inn on the corner of Soi 22 and Suk, that looks nice too.

Grace and Diana, I remember those 2 specifically my first trip with a coworker and I who were getting away from our assignment in Tokyo for a weekend. They didn't want to give us a room. They thought we were Nigerian (who were doing runners at the time) until they saw our passports...then it was all smiles. An Aussie guy didn't like what he saw and said 'They're bloody Yanks for godsakes and they can't get a room?' haha

I have asked around and I'm told go with Soi Cowboy. 

Don't go to Grace, Nana will not be a positive first trip. Landmark is good, plus down closer to Soi 22 are some really nice places,

Not sure LAndmark allows take home, but if you have a girlfriend I as Caucasian you'd probably have a better chance.

Mind you I know a few blokes who took takeaway to the Sherition.

Look for deals on line. You can most likely get a nice suite for not much more that $100-150 a night

Have to admit Grand President has been my go too for decades, in a good spot,

I don't know your stagger distance, but whatever the distance is that you can stagger home without a tuktuk or taxi, use that as a guide to distance.

Halfway between Nana and Cowboy would be good

Hyatt Regency is my go to place at the moment. Located just past the soi 8 and soi 11 crossroads with suk. About halfway between Nana and Cowboy. So you have pretty much all of the peak Suk areas within striking distance. I have had no problem with entertaining a takeaway. A friend regularly uses the place and gets his tinder girls to pitch up at the club lounge for drinks before he "shows them the room"!