Female avatar sexually assaulted in Meta VR platform

Mekong

Campaigners say the avatar of a 21-year-old researcher was sexually assaulted in Meta's virtual reality platform Horizon Worlds.

Corporate accountability group SumOfUs, for whom the researcher works, says it shows Meta needs better plans to mitigate harms in the metaverse.

Meta's annual shareholder meeting takes place on Wednesday.

The company told the BBC there were safety tools in Horizon Worlds to help people have a "positive experience".

Noting that Meta had not yet seen the full SumOfUs report, a spokesperson told the BBC the firm wanted everyone in Horizon Worlds to access the safety procedures "and help us investigate and take action".

Link

So a person that does not exist, is allegedly raped by another person who does not exist, in a place that does not exist 

Hold the Front Page

Stop the world I wanna get off.

Granted, Rape is a form of Sexual Assault, but is often interchangeable 

In most cases Physical presence is required for an assault to take place, otherwise it is classed as Sexual Harassment, the only one which does not require a presence is Grooming of a Minor, the alleged victim is 21 so not a minor.

https://inspiredelearning.com/blog/sexual-harassment-vs-sexual-assault/

It’s common for the term “sexual assault” to be used interchangeably with “rape.” Still, other forms of sexual assault also include other non-consensual physical contact, such as groping, fondling, kissing, forcing the victim to touch a body part, statutory rape, and others.

I'm not going to waste an hour filtering my search from the time I last looked mate

It was from both the australian government web site and also a family lawyer help web site

Key surprise to me is that what I would have assumed as a non laywer unlike yourself is what I would have called harassment can be assult.

The issue is very hard to prosecute though

We had a close family friend in Australia who was raped, got drunk, went home, and the boy tore the clothes from her, and got pregnant.

She didn't want want to prosicute, even though very ood proof,

Without her no trial

Which is interesting

Many other laws people break don't need a witness to agree but assult does

You'd think with assault if I see you rape someone, they don't complain for many relevant reasons sometimes, it should still be prosecuted.

In Oz the police refused to do so

I think that's wrong,

6 minutes ago, My Penis is hungry said:

I'm not going to waste an hour filtering my search from the time I last looked mate

It was from both the australian government web site and also a family lawyer help web site

Not going to waste time = Imagined seeing it online and hides behind excuse

Australian Government.  What the fuck does Australia have to do with it? The Plaintiff is American, the Website is American why would they use Australian law?

Its a bit like fucking a 17 year old in the USA and claiming the age of consent is 16 I. The UK, it doesn’t work ask Randy Andy.