Thai electric bills triple?

cavanami

Well if your bill is 4x normal someone is using it and not due to the price increase. They have gone up but not that much

It went up from 3.53 to 4.00 THB a 0.47 / 13% rise May-August and will increase again to 4.4 THB a 0.4/  10% rise for September-December

You are saying yours has gone up 400%, well above the 13% rise, are you mining Bitcoin per chance?

Price Rise

Your previous bills will demonstrate a problem,  if previous months around (x) units and then last one 4 (x) units. 

So as long as not mining Bitcoin or built a massive extension with multiple additional AC units, then either been tapped by a neighbour, Meter misread or Meter gone haywire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

Your previous bills will demonstrate a problem,  if previous months around (x) units and then last one 4 (x) units. 

So as long as not mining Bitcoin or built a massive extension with multiple additional AC units, then either been tapped by a neighbour, Meter misread or Meter gone haywire.

Yes, agree. For the past year, consumption has been between 200 KW and 300 KW. This time, 974 KW??? no way!

No indication of the line being tapped by a neighbor. All cables fully exposed and easy to verify.

My bet is that the meter was misread. I made a photo of the meter and will check everyday as to the consumption.
I do have an amprobe and could roughly verify the accuracy of the meter, maybe later...

• 3 weeks later...

The PEA (electric company) and had the proper equipment to verify the meter operation, which they did. As I expected, the meter is OK.

I expect that PEA entered the wrong numbers for the previous electric usage but hell or high water, I cannot get them to fee up to that much less get the correct numbers entered.

Now every morning I record the numbers on the meter...PEA said to wait until the next bill comes along.

TIT

• 3 weeks later...

The cost of electricity is likely to rise to an all-time high rate of 4.72 baht per unit in the last four months of this year.

A source in the Energy Regulatory Commission said on Wednesday the commission resolved to raise the electricity fee from 4.00 to 4.72 baht per kilowatt-hour (unit) in the September-December period.

.Link

0.72 is an 18% rise much higher than 10% forecast last month.

That is an increase of 0.94 THB / 26.6% since April

Consider yourself lucky.

NZ which is by and large run on renewable hydropower, which has long been bought and paid for, by the tax payer, and now only requires maintenance costs, is almost double that at 7.58 bht per unit (my latest bill).

~moral of the story; corporate and shareholder profit has no upper limit.