Coss

First look at the context, Plural or Possessive.

The Plural of Lotus is Lotuses or Loti so not that

For Possessive both s’ and s’s there is no hard and fast rule, but usual to chose on and stick to it, i.e. either all s’ or all s’s.

it appears that you were taught English incorrectly.

But don’t worry many were, including us Brits the inventors of the damn language. Another bullshit rule is “I before E except after C”

So what about, Efficient, Science, Sufficient, Proficient and so on for after C words or Neither, Weird, Foreign, Leisure, Height, Protein for E before I after C

These so called “Rules” are just lazy generalizations made up by teachers who don’t know the subject themselves.

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2022 at 12:35 AM, buffalo_bill said:

After 3,5 weeks holiday in Portugal at the beach am I now a  people of colour ?

My birth father was from South Africa, so am I an African American?  But I digress, They , Them Pronouns do not go far enough, As there are people who are "Gender neutral" and "non-binary." Apparently, it is considered rude to refer to these people as 1)"those people" 2)"they/them" apparently, we are only supposed to use names, which can get really weird when it comes to addressing strangers. In case I never mentioned it over the years, I have a bit of an issue with "these people," and gays etc...they seem to just push their nonsense too far, women's sports and beauty contests being  cases in point.