Vietnamese nosh in Auckland

Coss

I've found a place in Auckland that does really good Vietnamese food, in Otahuhu.  It's good food, good enough that MLG and I, usually have a meal there, when passing.

It's called "Try it Out".   https://www.tryitout.nz

We are in no way related to them or theirs. It's just a so much of a rarity, good food and good service.

Quite a big place and beer:

image.jpeg.94979b2ec50078012de6a251c3990dfd.jpeg

Tell them that they are selling the wrong beer, Bia Saigon is a lot better than “Bà Muoi Ba” (33) 

Both owned by the same company SABECO which is partially owned by ThaiBev the makers of Mekong and Beer Chang.

You could freak them out by holding up your glass of beer and chanting “Mot Hai Ba Bo” 1-2-3 Go or Cheers in Vietnamese.

ThaiBev

By the way, what is good Viet food? A Banh Mi and a bowl of Pho?

15 hours ago, Mekong said:

By the way, what is good Viet food? A Banh Mi and a bowl of Pho?

I'm not sure what the cultural "Best Dish" would be, but I reckon these folk do them very well.

MLG likes pho and I usually have one of their dry noodle dishes

menu-08.jpg

A bit pricy, NZD 20 is approx 290,000 VND, would be approx 80,000 VND in Ha Noi

The Vietnamese names for the meals made me laugh, they are not what is in English,

e.g.Bun Cha Gio is “What’s Up”,  bún chả giò is Spring Roll. Vermicelli and Bun Dac Biet is “Let me Know” bùn đặc biệt is “Special Mud” 5555

Those accents make a big difference, it’s what makes Vietnamese difficult, I blame the French.

MLG is correct, if there is one thing Vietnamese are sure to get right it is Phở, the Fuel of the nation.