'Robin Hood' in underpants arrested for stealing Banana phones

Mekong

A male burglar who wore only underpants while stealing mobile phones from Banana IT stores late at night, and gave many away to homeless people, was put through a crime scene re-enactment on Wednesday - but police made sure he was fully clothed.

Police took Jeh-isma-ae Hama, 23, to a Banana IT shop in Muang district of Nakhon Nayok for the re-enactment.

Security camera recordings showed the native of Narathiwat province in the far South was wearing only underpants when he allegedly stole 128 items, mostly mobile phones, worth about 1.9 million baht from the shop after breaking into the premise about 3am on Sunday.

Police arrested him the following day at a rented room in Bang Kapi district, Bangkok.

The suspect allegedly told police he stole only from Banana IT shops because he liked bananas and the colour yellow, and he wore only underpants because dressing that way made him feel confident.

After the re-enactment in Nakhon Nayok, police planned to take him to other crime scenes for re-enactments.

Pol Maj Gen Theeradet Thamsuthee, investigation chief for Provincial Police Region 2, said that police found 31 mobile phones at the rented room on Seri Thai Road where Mr Jeh-isma-ae was arrested.

They found 58 more phones in another room the suspect rented on Ramkhamhaeng Road. Both rooms are in Bang Kapi district, Bangkok.
Link

4 hours ago, Mekong said:

because dressing that way made him feel confident.

Now me, I'm a different fella, my preferred 'skulking about in the dark', raiment,  is a strap-on, but with my own member in place of the supplied one.

The girls often faint at the sight of it.