Secret Siam

Mekong

Secret Siam The latest newsletter from Andrew McGregor Marshall offering an insight to Thai politics.

In Thailand, no-confidence debates are really just political theatre. Nobody ever expects anyone in government to lose a vote of confidence — this has never happened even once in the history of Thai parliamentary democracy. The purpose of the debate is not to actually bring down the government but to allow the opposition to ritually humiliate ministers by reciting a litany of accusations of corruption, incompetence and abuse of power, most of which are usually true. The role of the targeted ministers in the ritual is to just deny everything, however convincing the allegations against them.

The full article is a long read but worth it

Link. Wounded government survives article

3 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

You can follow if Facebook also. The discussion is fun as obviously a lot of promonarchy etc debate there 

35.6% of the worlds population who use Facebook can, I, on the other hand, am amongst the 64.4% whom don’t.

2 hours ago, Coss said:

I wonder what the percentage is, of folk who, like me, won't ?

For those over 13 , since under 13 can’t have it, the percentages are nearly the same.

If someone who doesn’t have if decided they want it then they register, or whatever, straight away, very unlikely that they say “I want Facebook, I will sign up next week” 

Those small amount who do delay are outnumbered significantly by newborns who won’t download Facebook since they have no access to computers and don’t know about its existence.