YOU can voice your opinion on Thailand in PR online survey

Coss

10 hours ago, Coss said:

The campaign aims to create awareness and build confidence in important Thai government policies among foreigners in Thailand, as well as generate positive image of Thailand as a country.        

Mr Coss, is a foreigner in Thailand a foreigner who is in Thailand or do you think there is more to it. Are they including visa-overstayers, incarcerated falangs and Nigerian drugdealers? Would a 3-days resident at Nana Hotel be relevant to create a positive image of Thailand as a country after having successfully barfined 7 ladyboys from Nanaplaza?

2 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

after having successfully barfined 7 ladyboys from Nanaplaza?

I am surprised that they did not include questions on such.

i.e.

Awareness of Public Relations Concerning Thailand’s image and Important Government Policies

A. Have you recently received any services or adventures in nightlife in general, through any of the following sources?

1. Nana Plaza
Never received 1 2 Received

2. Soi Cowboy

3. Pat Pong

4. Sukhumvit road

5. Other Place (e.g., coffee shop, Taxi)

6. Websites, mobile phone apps, unsolicited phone calls and texts, persons lurking in arrivals area of airports

et al

The campaign aims to create awareness ........., as well as generate positive image of Thailand as a country.

The image of Thailand consists of plenty  nice beaches and lots of brothels. Occasionally some events make it into the papers like the fire in a disco the other day. Germany in particular is enormously blessed by the presence of His Majesty and even the Redbull heir-scandal is not known to many people I guess.

HI,

To me it reads mostly as a "let's pat ourselves on the back" survey. No substance what so ever.

How about questions like?
- How do you feel about the 90-day reporting?
- What are your views on land ownership?
- How do you feel about the government engaging in and promoting dual-pricing?

Sanuk!

On 8/3/2022 at 7:10 AM, Mekong said:

Coss

I am in Country so cautious of clicking on anything which requires ID but I would be interested to know what questions are being asked, are they pertinent such as  -

• How do you feel about 90 day reporting
  • Your thoughts on not being able to own land
  • Hos do foreigners feel about dual pricing
  • etc

You know real questions that affect expats, not smarmy parmy Thai Culture questions.

Could you cut n paste the Questions for us?

KS 

Are you a mind reader, not only did you list the same issues as I, but also in the same order

I know it is only a straw poll, but 2 long term expats both coming up with the same queries shows our thoughts and concerns, and without doubt more than just us two

Could you imagine what the Thais enforce on foreigners was imposed in Western Society?

• You have to report every 90 days even though you have done nothing wrong
  • If you stay at a friends house it has to be reported (TM30)
  • You are not allowed to own land
  • We will charge you double to enter National Parks etc
  • You are not allowed to vote or have any say in how the country is governed
  • etc

The would be riots, Civil liberties groups would be up in arms claiming blatant racism.

FLM Farang Lives Matter.

Coss your supposed to know a bit about marketing aren't you?

<<

Yes the people at the news paper drew our attention to the survey.

But the Survey is from the Thai PR dept.

People who choose  to do the survey, are the targets.>>

The targets are those who it's intended for, by shifting the delivery, that doesn't make the targets you or me.

It's a silly survey but as Farang you sure are showing you don't know much 

:)

The questionnaire was shared on the PR Thai Government Facebook page on Tuesday (Aug 2). the press reported what they found on Facebook not what Government PR dept told the press.

I am assuming the Facebook page is not restricted to people in the media only, the wife, who has Facebook, clicked the link and it opened Thai Government PR Department Facebook post for her, and she is not media

I don’t know where you get the idea “Media Only” was the target group for the survey