At what stage does LOS lose appeal?

Kiwi

15 hours ago, Vintage_Kwai said:

....I'm also tired of traveling so am quite content to mosey on over to the 7-11 for a couple of beers to relax with. 

Still have to deal with some medical issues, but these are also affordable to treat here so am in no hurry to rock the boat.

My two baht worth.

Traveling is a real hassle these days with all the crowd, security and packed planes.  Rather than mosey on over to the 7-11 for a couple beers to relax with, I would prefer yoga/treadmill/cycling or working/lounging/swimming around a pool in the yard.  But in my case, what would keep me from going back to SEA would be health reasons.  I've had issues with lower back/knee/heel/hip pains.  I retired early almost 25 years ago and old age is catching up to me.

☺️ Yes, travel is a hassle these days. Since my last visit to SG pre-covid, I've had two stent procedures and one cataract done. One waiting list for next one. As for relaxing, I have a collection of (semi-vintage) organs, most around the 30 year mark, to keep my mind on track. The neighbors also like to walk around in the evenings so I get a bit of exercise too. Though the wife prefers the treadmill. Just don't want to get flooded out again.. (2011 was bad, wife rebuilt after we raised the land).

Hanging on here with nowhere to go and not really wanting to go anywhere anyway..

On 2/24/2023 at 11:33 PM, Stickman said:

....For me, a secure life where and the chance to buy a house (specifically a house as opposed to an apartment) that would always be mine and I'd never be wondering if one day it would be taken away from me was a big factor. Further, I like the outdoor lifestyle and for much of the year Thailand is just too hot to spend a lot of time outside, especially in Bangkok. In New Zealand I am outside all the time, and enjoy doing long hikes....

A single family home with no Home Owners Association is the way to go. One that is close to city center, next to a multi-use trail (MUT) for long hikes and bike rides would be really nice.  Fortunately, I've been living in a house like that for over 40 years.