Enforcement of Thailand’s new safety belt law pending edict from police

Coss

Thailand’s Land Traffic Act B.E. 2565 (2022AD), which mandates that all passengers in private and public transport vehicles, except buses, wear safety belts, will be enforced once the Royal Thai Police have issued an edict within 90 days of the act coming into effect on September 5th, according to Land Transport Department Director-General Chirute Visalachitra...  LINK

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

Good!

Now if Thailand would implement a drivers' education program...like start when the children are still in school...like the rest of the world does...

The USA is not the “Rest of the World” just because the US has Drivers Ed at High School does not mean other countries do. Jeez I had left school and had been working for 8 months before I was old enough for a car driving licence in the UK, where we can leave school at 16 like most other countries.

1 hour ago, Mekong said:

The USA is not the “Rest of the World” just because the US has Drivers Ed at High School does not mean other countries do. Jeez I had left school and had been working for 8 months before I was old enough for a car driving licence in the UK, where we can leave school at 16 like most other countries.

Sounds like the UK needs to catch up to the USA...and now does the UK have drivers' Ed?

You left school 375 years ago so things just may have changed a bit...

2 hours ago, cavanami said:

Sounds like the UK needs to catch up to the USA...and now does the UK have drivers' Ed?

Sounds like the USA is breeding dumb children who require 12 years of schooling to achieve the same level as UK kids attain in 9.4 years, the G7 average is only 9,69 years Years of School

Driver training began as a business in the United Kingdom in 1909-1910. The British School of Motoring (BSM) was founded in 1910 in South London by Hugh Stanley Roberts. It offered hands-on training and courses in driving skills (managing the controls and road aptitude) and repair. It also offered vehicles to drivers who wished to practice.

In the United States, Amos Neyhart, a professor at Penn State University, started the first high school driver education course in 1934 at a high school in State College, Pennsylvania, so the UK had Driver Education close on 25 years before the USA. UK Driver Education is the same as USA, remember you copied the idea off us. The only difference being is that instead of being taught at state schools, UK learn from private driving schools but they are not compulsory .

The UK is the 16 Hardest country in the world to obtain a Driving Licence where as the USA is amongst some of the easiest 

1 hour ago, cavanami said:

Hardly new, especially with a 427 in it but I about old enough to had purchased it new.

Ah

I was always under the assumption that a “427” referred to capacity and not a specific engine. 

AFAIK both Chevy and Ford manufactured a 427 so how to distinguish between them when just saying a 427

It’s like in the rest of the world saying, say, a 3.0 Litre only defines capacity and not whether an Audi, Benz, Ford, Porsche, Subaru etc 3.0 Litre 

On 8/21/2022 at 4:45 AM, Coss said:

Thailand’s Land Traffic Act B.E. 2565 (2022AD), which mandates that all passengers in private and public transport vehicles, except buses, wear safety belts, will be enforced once the Royal Thai Police have issued an edict within 90 days of the act coming into effect on September 5th, according to Land Transport Department Director-General Chirute Visalachitra...  LINK

Well that lasted a long time.

Strict punishment, including a 2,000-baht fine, for passengers sitting in a truck's cabin or its cargo bed without a seat belt will no longer apply when a new law takes effect on Sept 5, the Department... 

Link

Another one from “You Couldn’t make this up if you tried”