1 Million high quality expats invading the kingdom

buffalo_bill

Gentlemen,

the Thai government in it´s eternal wisdom found out how to convince an estimated number of 1 million people to pay 50.000 Baht for kind of a 10 year visa . They do not want the average Joe but would prefer as follows:

• High-income foreign individuals
  • Foreign retirees
  • Foreigners intending to work remotely from Thailand
  • Foreign professionals with “special” skills

I may officially offer my personal presence under number 4 condition : my special skill is that I am able to move my ears forward and backwards simultaneously as well as individually . I have developed this special skill already at primary school and could guarantee reliable demonstration at any time even at immigration when arriving for the 10 year term.  Further details for interested subjects can be identified here :https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-visa/thailand-long-term-resident-ltr-visa

And the list of conditions goes on, 90 day reporting?

I like this one "Additionally, the LTR visa holders will be able to apply for work permits to conduct work in the Kingdom."

I could be forgiven for thinking that a visa aimed at digital nomads, working from the Kingdom, might already be a working visa?

I too have special skills, can't talk about them though.

No thanks - Laos for me

5 hours ago, Coss said:

And the list of conditions goes on, 90 day reporting?

I like this one "Additionally, the LTR visa holders will be able to apply for work permits to conduct work in the Kingdom."

I could be forgiven for thinking that a visa aimed at digital nomads, working from the Kingdom, might already be a working visa?

I too have special skills, can't talk about them though.

No thanks - Laos for me

Of course there will still be 90 day reporting, why should there not? 90 day reporting on Retirees, Married, Workers and even Elite Members exists why should it be different with a new type of visa?

There is a difference between a Business (Non-Imm B. ) Visa ( and now LTR) and a work permit. 
Visas are issued by immigration and Work Permits by the Ministry of Labour Office, a Non-Imm B / LTR is required before Work Permit application is made

I wonder how many “Digital Nomads” earn USD 80,000 per annum.