RIP Suadum

Coss

Sad news indeed.

Whilst I wouldn’t claim to be a close friend of Suadum’s, he was on of the few expats here in Bangkok whom I kept in phone contact with, and we had many an amicable afternoon and / or evening together. His Sunday afternoon soirée’s were legendary.

I didn’t realise he was actually younger than me though, he must have had a rough paper round as a lad.

• Like 1

I was in constant touch with him this year. He was toughing it out but still on the decline.

A few months ago one of his daughters had died in a car accident.

I have been saying this has been the worst year of my life but Dan's was the worst.

Some of our board members had been to his condo as he would have a bbq and what not.

Good guy!

Hi,

Yes, he will definitely be missed. As mentioned his BBQ parties were a blast. I too was not aware of his daughter's death either. Combine that with his health issues and having to move back to the US, this last year or so must have been hell.

RIP Suadum

KS

(PS As likely a lot of people on this board recall him, I figured this warranted a thread of its own rather than being buried in the Global RIP thread)

• 1 month later...

Yes, also brings to mind, what do old expats do when they reach their no more work stage?

Unless they have a good nestegg going home can be traumatic

I left Thailand but moved to other countries so the shock of being home was cushioned until COVID locked me down

A lot of us, going "home" is something to fear

Sometimes better to burn out than rust?