RIP Suadum

Coss

22 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

He was one of the good guys, my family were very sad, he was friends to all the family,

I have found most of my friends have died before 60, or soon after

Maybe something about being an expat??  

I think there is something in this last line, and that the life of an expat is not always conducive to a long life. I know a lot of people who have died in Thailand over the past 20 years or so and the average age would probably be in the mid to high 50s. Some died much younger, in their 40s - and not from an accident. The expat lifestyle is a fun one, but if you're not careful it mightn't be a long one.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Stickman said:

I think there is something in this last line, and that the life of an expat is not always conducive to a long life. I know a lot of people who have died in Thailand over the past 20 years or so and the average age would probably be in the mid to high 50s. Some died much younger, in their 40s - and not from an accident. The expat lifestyle is a fun one, but if you're not careful it mightn't be a long one.

Only 17 more months to survive and I will have made it to 60.

The counter argument is being an expat you “live” a lot more / cram more in to years you are alive. Things I have seen/ places I have visited through work most people could only dream of. 
If I was to drop dead tomorrow I reckon I would have had a much more fore filling life than if I was to have remained in the UK and lived until 90.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mekong said:

Things I have seen/ places I have visited through work most people could only dream of. 
If I was to drop dead tomorrow I reckon I would have had a much more fore filling life than if I was to have remained in the UK and lived until 90.

My version of this is that I've had more fun than any random other three blokes.

2 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

The expat-type Stick seems to be referring to would probably be the guy sitting at the bar drinking too mut and assembling as much entertaining fun as he can get

As a once a year, fly in,  kind of bloke,  I've previously tried to drink and smoke and fornicate as much as possible. In LOS and elsewhere.

It turns out that humans are not super-human, in my case, Stroke, Heart and Cancer have caught up to me and whilst I'm surviving, if I were to go to a girly bar, it'd be for 1 beer and a cuddle, perhaps some ant-egg soup, from a stool and pot stall, outside in the gutter at 2 a.m..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, buffalo_bill said:

The expat-type Stick seems to be referring to would probably be the guy sitting at the bar drinking too mut and assembling as much entertaining fun as he can get.

Which could kick off the age old “What defines and expat” debate.  ….     Not going there.

11 hours ago, Mekong said:

Only 17 more months to survive and I will have made it to 60.

The counter argument is being an expat you “live” a lot more / cram more in to years you are alive. Things I have seen/ places I have visited through work most people could only dream of. 

Not even 60???? you're still a baby 555

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Just saw this and indeed sad to hear. One of the first board members I met in person. Think it was at Gulliver's Friday catch up.

I did go to one of those Saturday BBQ's which I remember well. He often called me when he was in Oz but we never met up.

If I remember correctly, him and Dumbsoda were close.

I also remember he ghost posted for a while.