Bangkok launches real-time traffic, floods CCTVs on website and mobile app

Coss

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has launched a website and phone applications to allow people to check information about places in Bangkok in real-time.

This platform is made for the convenience of the people, so that they can view map information such as traffic, floods, and accidents through closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs) installed on roads and intersections in real-time.

They can be viewed on the website http://bmatraffic.com/index.aspx or with the mobile application named ‘BMA Traffic’

https://www.pattayamail.com/thailandnews/bangkok-launches-real-time-traffic-floods-cctvs-on-website-and-mobile-app-411124

_____

I went to the web site, clicked on the "English " button, but most all of the site is still in Thai, including the Maps.    c’est la vie

Maybe it is just me, but I find I don’t need street names when viewing a map of Bangkok and know the names anyway, especially in the areas which I visit.

Why anyone would want to know traffic / flooding status of areas they don’t visit is beyond me.

Also how many people actually know the street name / address e.g. Rong Mueang Rd, Rong Muang, Pathum Wan, Bangkok, 10330, where the feck is that I hear you cry, but if I was to say Hua Lamphong Station you would know right away

18 minutes ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

We installed a few security cameras at home after the renovation and this is actually what I use them for often :)
Quick check if it is raining at home.

Sanuk!

Can you not just stick your hand out of the window, or do we assume you check when away from home?

Hi,

Obviously I do this when away from home :)
For example, had lunch in Terminal 21 a little while back and when it was time to head back to the office I found out it was raining heavily in Asoke. So, quick check revealed it was not raining at home, so rather than waiting for the rain to stop, I went home and worked from home the rest of the day.

Sanuk!