Top News: New Zealand wants to tax cow excretions

Nasiadai

A German newspaper reports the following about New Zealand:

I summarise:

New Zealand wants to tax cow excretions
Climate protection:
Cows in New Zealand could soon be taxed on the basis of their gaseous excretions:
But their owners are far from enthusiastic about the government's proposal.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is talking about a world first:
greenhouse gases caused by farm animals are to be taxed to combat climate change.
But farmers see their business at risk.

1438564836_Khe-verkleinert.jpg.9b8f0935ee50677c0cb6fe5a00f8644a.jpg

this does not appear to be an April Fool's joke. The New Zealand government seems to be serious.

YEAH  YEAH  YEAH ----> happy New Zealand

The article goes on to say; I quote and translate:

It is an ambitious goal: New Zealand's government has declared its intention to make the country CO2-neutral by 2050. To achieve this, New Zealand farmers are to pay a levy on agricultural emissions from 2025 onwards - a step that, according to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, is a world first. In other words, farmers will be taxed for the emissions of their cows, sheep and other livestock. Ardern made the announcement in Wellington on Tuesday.

The government's plan affects a large industry: New Zealand's agriculture is crucial to the country's economy.
Dairy products, including those used to make infant formula in China, are the country's biggest export. About five million people live in New Zealand, compared to about ten million cattle or dairy cattle and 26 million sheep - according to experts, half of all greenhouse gas emissions come from farms.

I'll stop referencing the article now.
That should be enough.
Who elected this government?
Is it still in its right mind?

Live from Buxtetown on the Esteriver - 18.10. 2022 - 12.30 p.m. local time
Nasiadai - not only since 2013 alternative; means: I am a member of the party AfD = Alternative for Germany;
no, I am not right-wing, but politically in the middle of society.

3 hours ago, Nasiadai said:

A German newspaper reports the following about New Zealand:

I summarise:

New Zealand wants to tax cow excretions
Climate protection:
Cows in New Zealand could soon be taxed on the basis of their gaseous excretions:
But their owners are far from enthusiastic about the government's proposal.
Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern is talking about a world first:
greenhouse gases caused by farm animals are to be taxed to combat climate change.
But farmers see their business at risk.

1438564836_Khe-verkleinert.jpg.9b8f0935ee50677c0cb6fe5a00f8644a.jpg

this does not appear to be an April Fool's joke. The New Zealand government seems to be serious.

YEAH  YEAH  YEAH ----> happy New Zealand

The article goes on to say; I quote and translate:

It is an ambitious goal: New Zealand's government has declared its intention to make the country CO2-neutral by 2050. To achieve this, New Zealand farmers are to pay a levy on agricultural emissions from 2025 onwards - a step that, according to Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, is a world first. In other words, farmers will be taxed for the emissions of their cows, sheep and other livestock. Ardern made the announcement in Wellington on Tuesday.

The government's plan affects a large industry: New Zealand's agriculture is crucial to the country's economy.
Dairy products, including those used to make infant formula in China, are the country's biggest export. About five million people live in New Zealand, compared to about ten million cattle or dairy cattle and 26 million sheep - according to experts, half of all greenhouse gas emissions come from farms.

I'll stop referencing the article now.
That should be enough.
Who elected this government?
Is it still in its right mind?

Live from Buxtetown on the Esteriver - 18.10. 2022 - 12.30 p.m. local time
Nasiadai - not only since 2013 alternative; means: I am a member of the party AfD = Alternative for Germany;
no, I am not right-wing, but politically in the middle of society.

About a week late with this post Original Post