Bali - Six Eastern Europeans deported from Bali over squatting in villa they claimed was ‘gift from God’

Coss

Apr 7, 2022

...“Based on the information from the villa owner, in the morning at around 7am, the villa owner and Pererenan Village officials came to see the foreigners and [they] claim the villa belongs to them that was given from God,” said the Ministry of Law and Human Rights’ Bali office’s spokesman I Wayan Muliarta.

All of the foreigners were reportedly acting nonchalant when questioned by immigration officers. Muliarta said they refused to show their passports and stay permits, and were tight-lipped when asked about their countries of origin.

“When we put them into custody […] the foreigners at some point fought back and it was handled by the field officers,” Muliarta added.

The officers later searched the villa and found four passports–one of them already burned. 

At the time of this article’s publication, the six Eastern Europeans were being detained at the Denpasar Immigration’s detention facility and shortly set for deportation.

LINK

6 hours ago, Coss said:

Apr 7, 2022

FFS Coss, nearly 9 Months ago try to keep up old chap. 
Unless one has given birth since arrest how is this relevant, even if gave birth still rather irrelevant.

News is information about Current Events not 9 month old events.

Sorry ladies, that's why I included a date.

I am chastened.

In the future when posting information, that has not otherwise appeared on the board, I will not only post a date where available, but a disclaimer that says something like:

"I know this happened a while ago but I found it funny/interesting/alarming/other...."