Officials squirm amid Chuvit's Triad exposé

Mekong

Former politician and massage parlour tycoon Chuvit Kamolvisit has posed a string of questions over the Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) commissioner’s decision to set up a fact-finding committee to probe his own office while a multitude of other cases remain unsolved. In a post on Mr Chuvit's Facebook page on Saturday, he questioned the need for the probe and accused Pol Lt Gen Thiti Saengsawang of not... 

Full Article

So rather than investigate the alledged corruption they investigate the whistleblower 

Chuvit really has them rattled.

• Haha 1

An investigation into corruption by senior Immigration Bureau (IB) officers has found clear evidence of some officers helping foreign criminals, and even serving as owners of foundations that arranged visas for Chinese nationals.

One of the foundations had its headquarters in a chicken coop, deputy national police chief Pol Gen Surachate Hakparn said on Thursday, a day after presenting his findings to national police chief Pol Gen Damrongsak Kittiprapas.

The investigative committee found clear proof of offences such as renewal of visas for Chinese nationals through foundations, visa applications by schools or falsification of signatures of a deputy governor, said Pol Gen Surachate. He did not give more details. 

Full Story

Six police, including the wife of businessman and suspected crime boss Chaiyanat "Tuhao" Kornchayanant, have been dismissed amid an investigation into their alleged involvement in Chinese gangs and the illicit drugs trade.

[SNIP]
Mr Chaiyanat's businesses relied on the use of hundreds of coaches, 33 of which are reportedly owned by a cousin of Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha. Referring to these, Pol Gen Damrongsak said the PM's relative operated a coach rental business and owned the coaches in 2019 before Mr Chaiyanat was found to be involved in the drugs trade 

Full Article

Only sacked, what about arrested and charged?
The PM”s Cousin now, I wonder who will be implicated next.

vis  Shit-Spattered Dog's post about nothing's changed in 20 yrs, back in the day, when I first discovered LOS, I had small dealings with a Colonel in the boys in brown (or adjacent department), about a lady that needed to be traced.

I was given to understand that LOS was corrupt from tip to toe, and these latest stories do nothing to belie that.