Young'uns don't understand.

Coss

OK let’s assume you are correct and the android developer website is incorrect, which I very much doubt, your comment “Most young people don’t use WWW it’s all apps” is also questionable.

The essence of the article is “small business owners should not assume younger employees can handle cyber security just because they are tech savvy.”

I have a business and use Website therefore WWW and I assume most other “Small Businesses” use Websites also, we don’t have $40,000 to spare to develop an app hen we can host a website for less than $150 per annum.

Maybe to suit your rhetoric the article should have read “small business owners should not assume younger employees can handle cyber security because they all use apps and don’t understand Websites”

They like you don't understand the transmission of data

Android is not the pipe, 

That's where you are wrong, 

I won't lecture you no how to run a power station, b ut frankly you are don't understand networks if you think there is no TCP suddenly because of a command line

Young ones don't use www - fuck all - article and me both right

The Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) is one of the main protocols of the Internet protocol suite. It originated in the initial network implementation in which it complemented the Internet Protocol (IP). Therefore, the entire suite is commonly referred to as TCP/IP. TCP provides reliable, ordered, and error-checked delivery of a stream of octets (bytes) between applications running on hosts communicating via an IP network. Major internet applications such as the World Wide Web, email, remote administration, and file transfer rely on TCP, which is part of the Transport Layer of the TCP/IP suite. SSL/TLS often runs on top of TCP.

TCP is connection-oriented, and a connection between client and server is established before data can be sent. The server must be listening (passive open) for connection requests from clients before a connection is established. Three-way handshake (active open), retransmission, and error detection adds to reliability but lengthens latency. Applications that do not require reliable data stream service may use the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) instead, which provides a connectionlessdatagram service that prioritizes time over reliability. TCP employs network congestion avoidance. However, there are vulnerabilities in TCP, including denial of service, connection hijacking, TCP veto, and reset attack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transmission_Control_Protocol

God that took me back, Computer Science 101,  AKL Uni 1981.

4 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

<<I think you will find apps mainly use HTTP target than TCP/IP and are therefore part of the WWW>>

There you said it, 

As I pointed out, TCP IP is the transmission

Doesn't matter what you hide it behind

And THAT dates back to 1966

I thought even you would understand that HTTP requires TCP/IP but TCP/IP can operate without HTTP, which it did for over 20 years before HTTP was developed and still is today.

You stated apps use TCP/IP implying TCP/IP alone and I pointed out that apps use HTTP. I should have been clearer and stated “Use HTTP, which is reliant on TCP/IP” but I thought you you realised such, I was obviously mistaken and gave you more credit than deserved.

Next time you order a Pint of beer be sure to explain that you require it in glass or it may be thrown in your face, or ordering a meal please tell the waitress you require the food serving on a plate or it may get dumped in your lap.

I may not be as au fait with Communications protocols as you are, after all that is the basis of your chosen profession,  it believe it or not a know a little bit. Power Stations and other Process Plants are in the majority computer controlled nowadays and as a Instrument and Controls (I&C) Engineer, here area fee of the protocols employed off the top of my head.

• AS-i – Actuator-sensor interface, a low level 2-wire bus establishing power and communications to basic digital and analog devices

BSAP – Bristol Standard Asynchronous Protocol, developed by Bristol Babcock Inc.

CC-Link Industrial Networks – Supported by the CLPA

CIP (Common Industrial Protocol) – can be treated as application layer common to DeviceNet, CompoNet, ControlNetand EtherNet/IP

ControlNet – an implementation of CIP, originally by Allen-Bradley

DeviceNet – an implementation of CIP, originally by Allen-Bradley

DF-1 - used by Allen-Bradley ControlLogix, CompactLogix, PLC-5, SLC-500, and MicroLogix class devices

DNP3 - a protocol used to communicate by industrial control and utility SCADA systems

DirectNet – Koyo / Automation Direct proprietary, yet documented PLC interface

EtherCAT

Ethernet Global Data (EGD) – GE Fanuc PLCs (see also SRTP)

EtherNet/IP – IP stands for "Industrial Protocol". An implementation of CIP, originally created by Rockwell Automation

Ethernet Powerlink – an open protocol managed by the Ethernet POWERLINK Standardization Group (EPSG).

FINS, Omron's protocol for communication over several networks, including ethernet.

FOUNDATION fieldbus – H1 & HSE

HART Protocol

HostLink Protocol, Omron's protocol for communication over serial links.

Interbus, Phoenix Contact's protocol for communication over serial links, now part of PROFINET IO

MECHATROLINK – open protocol originally developed by Yaskawa, supported by the MMA

MelsecNet, and MelsecNet II, /B, and /H, supported by Mitsubishi Electric.

Modbus PEMEX

Modbus Plus

Modbus RTU or ASCII or TCP

OSGP – The Open Smart Grid Protocol, a widely use protocol for smart grid devices built on ISO/IEC 14908.1

OpenADR – Open Automated Demand Response; protocol to manage electricity consuming/controlling devices

Optomux – Serial (RS-422/485) network protocol originally developed by Opto 22 in 1982. The protocol was openly documented[1] and over time used for industrial automation applications.

PieP – An Open Fieldbus Protocol

Profibus – by PROFIBUS & PROFINET International (PI)

PROFINET - by PROFIBUS & PROFINET International (PI)

RAPIEnet – Real-time Automation Protocols for Industrial Ethernet

Honeywell SDS – Smart Distributed System – Originally developed by Honeywell. Currently supported by Holjeron.

SERCOS III, Ethernet-based version of SERCOS real-time interface standard

SERCOS interface, Open Protocol for hard real-time control of motion and I/O

GE SRTP – GE Fanuc PLCs

Sinec H1 – Siemens

SynqNet – Danaher

TTEthernet – TTTech

MPI – Multi Point Interface

Just a few of them :)

Oh I know you know quite a lot, and you have personal connections to the WWW people

But you did a google search and found a link that you thought proved android didn't use TCP IP

Which ignores that all transit uses TCP IP

NOW

I did write about RINA

You should google RINA

That is very interesting, 

John Day has developed a very viable alternative to internet protocols that solves a number of issues we have with IP transit, 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recursive_Internetwork_Architecture

I am hoping this takes off in some way as it's very interesting, 

It is already in some limited use,