Young'uns don't understand.

Coss

1 hour ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Oh I know you know quite a lot, and you have personal connections to the WWW people

But you did a google search and found a link that you thought proved android didn't use TCP IP

Which ignores that all transit uses TCP IP

I googled a link to have a source for my comment, you know when saying something it is better to back it up. If I had of made the comment without backing it up you would have been asking for proof or a source so I can’t win :)

I  never “Thought apps did not use TCP/IP” I stated that apps rely on HTTP rather than TCP/IP alone which was your standpoint. As previously stated when you order a pint of beer your order a Pint not a Pint and a Glass, or a meal you order the Food not the Food and a Plate, and when someone states HTTP it is implied that the transport protocol is used since without TCP/IP HTTP cannot function and therefore does not exist. Semantics 555.

Looking at RINA or appears to be an advancement on TCP/IP for Distributed Applications, in my Field we have has Distributed Applications in the form of Distributed Comtrol Systems (DCS) for over 40 years but it is becoming more prevalent nowadays with the advent of Industry 4.0 / Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) and more and more devices need to communicate with each other seamlessly.

Meaning they use HTTP rather than TCP/IP alone. I thought anyone with any degree of intellect knew that HTTP requires TCP/IP

It is widely known that Yuri Gagarin was the first man in Space, in a quiz the question asked is “Who was the first man in space” and not “Who was the first man in space in a rocket” since a rocket is the only mode of transportation to take a man into space, he didn’t do it on a bicycle.

Same with  HTTP, people, don’t say HTTP with TCP/IP do they, if the did URL for websites would begin HTTPTCPIP and not just HTTP or HTTPS for secure ones.

Back on topic, why did you state  that most young people only use apps? The article was about small business owners, young people and internet security, or lack there of. Majority of small businesses use Websites and not apps so if young people only use apps then this topic dose not exist.

7 hours ago, Mekong said:

Meaning they use HTTP rather than TCP/IP alone. I thought anyone with any degree of intellect knew that HTTP requires TCP/IP

It is widely known that Yuri Gagarin was the first man in Space, in a quiz the question asked is “Who was the first man in space” and not “Who was the first man in space in a rocket” since a rocket is the only mode of transportation to take a man into space, he didn’t do it on a bicycle.

Same with  HTTP, people, don’t say HTTP with TCP/IP do they, if the did URL for websites would begin HTTPTCPIP and not just HTTP or HTTPS for secure ones.

Back on topic, why did you state  that most young people only use apps? The article was about small business owners, young people and internet security, or lack there of. Majority of small businesses use Websites and not apps so if young people only use apps then this topic dose not exist.

Actually the few small businesses I deal with do most things by apps

Google my business and Google Ads use apps

Most of marketing is Instagram Facebook and Google

So your showing your age

It's frankly mostly apps for small biz

15 hours ago, Mekong said:

Shoulda dunnit like I do, I go to space all the time, in my head. Cheap, simple and I don't have to share it. On the other hand, can't make money from it.

13 hours ago, Mekong said:

OK I will bite, I have set up Mekong Mighty Manufacturing and developed an app for such.

How to I get potential customers to install the app onto their mobile device and from where?

From the app store

Which uses IP transit to deliver it, using IP protocols developed in 1966

I'm helping out a few little businesses, 

They just don't use the web

It's all on mobiles, 

2 places don't even own laptops

OK my app is on the App Store

• How do potential customers know it so there?
  • How do I capture potential customers?

When I go to the App Store I either 

1. Know the App I am looking for and search by name
  2. Search for a Type of App

When I search for a type of App,  Big Balls Construction International and Perfect Projects Global dominate the search results and Mighty Mekong Manufacturing is know where to be seen 

So your business method is to rely on Instagram and Facebook, both owned by Meta and that twat Zuckerberg who harvest my data and sell it on, as a form of advertising. Basically if Meta goes down you are fucked, if Meta freezes / suspends your accounts you are fucked.

Because all the Apps advertise on Instagram, Fartbook etc, 

Nearly everyone using their mobile is using apps, embedded or downloaded, 

I am one of the few that use gmail desktop version instead of teh gmail app

And yes, they are different!

Gmail app I can send large video files, the desktop gmail using gmail.com (note you don't need to use www) :) limits the size to a smaller size, 

So pretty much all the functions are apps except maybe browsers

Of the people I have been working with, meeting a few new ones tonight, they all use instagram facebook tiktok for all they do,

One lady has 500K followers on TikTok, no idea how to use a web page for some work her boss wants her to do. 

So instead of asking me, how many young ones are you talking too?

I'm running across them continually either as part of the family or at the sports amateur club I am helping out at.

"Have you checked your flight details?"

Nah - I haven't downloaded QANTAS app yet

"You can just go online"

Nah - my phone makes me downlaod the App

Yep - evern when you want to use web pages, they re-direct to try and force you to download apps

But frankly, Instagram Fartbook TikTok SnapChat all continually run ads for the latest app

And if your a small business owner - you see business centric apps continually advertising