Bangkok Bucket List

bust

Heading up on Tuesday with a good friend who has had limited time in LOS and with sometimes being there on business probably hasn't experienced so much of what is on offer.

Although I have been visiting Thailand for 30 years there still so much I haven't seen.

Take away the Tourist Experience would be curious to hear some suggestions of the "must dos" while there.

He has expressed the desire of spending much less time in Soi 4 this trip 😃

I have a few ideas but always but always looking for something new.

I have a crab omelette planned at Jay Fai but I hear it's incredibly hard to make a booking.

Any suggestions welcome.

Buffet Lunch at the Oreintal

Taking Chan floating markets get the Thai your

The sois around Kho San are actually not bad

Nonthaburi Peir used to have some amazing restaurants

Get the regular boat from the river all the way up to Nonthaburi

Get out of town

River Kwai is actually good fun, rent a car and drive there and back, stay on the river

There is a zoo there that is open plan, so not bad, not your usual caged Thai animals

Go visit Ho Chi Minhs house, then drive or get a bus across the river to Savahanaket

Or there is now a fast train from Vientiane to Luamgprabang

That's supposed to be good. 

Return via Chasing Rai if you like.

Visit the Elephant Temple but that's hard to find in Luangprabang.

Is the Ancient Bangkok place outside of Bangkok still going? Worth a visit

There are some very up beat eating places away from the farang getting near the various units that are great fun at night to eat andiaten to music. They are all still going post covid and worth a visit usually have night markets tied to them 

20 minutes ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Buffet Lunch at the Oreintal

I Prefer Marriot Resort

Taking Chan floating markets get the Thai your

Do you mean Talking Chan

The sois around Kho San are actually not bad

Agrees Soi Rambuttri in paticular parallel to KSR good restaurants, across Chakrabongse some good little bars

Is the Ancient Bangkok place outside of Bangkok still going? Worth a visit

Ancient City aka Mueang Boran is a good day out, the other side of Sukhumvit is an excellent seafood restaurant Koh Poo, on a pier jutting into Gult of Thailand

There are some very up beat eating places away from the farang getting near the various units that are great fun at night to eat andiaten to music. They are all still going post covid and worth a visit usually have night markets tied to them 

Can I also add Talad Rot Fai Srinakarin aka the Night Train Market, not to be confused with the Inferior Train Night Market Ratchada, Probably best to visit after a day at ancient city since both located East of the City.

Spill check has a field day with my typing

You, Taling Chan floating markets

Another thing to do

The train station that is near there has a great ride down to the sea and a fishing resort, I did it with Old Hippie many years ago, 

Great trip, catch a train, get an amazing lunch,  Samat Prakan maybe it goes too? Can't remember the name of the town but all the wet seafood markets are amazing, 

And restaurants are pretty fresh 

I've been using these maps for decades, 

I find all sorts of places Thai Locals are amazed I know about all through the Nancy Chandler (now dead - her daughter I believe updates) maps

Have a look here

https://nancychandler.net/bangkokmappdf.html

They are all over the internet to just download as well

Took him to Ayuttaya last time and we also drove to Hellfire Pass

River Kwai might be an option.

I remember having a night in Kho San with you and if my memory is correct I paid for a tattoo.

But got rewarded later 😜

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Ok so I took him to Chatuchack to see if we could find a "Wet Market" as he didn't believe they exists. Didn't find one. Perhaps shut down but I have seen them on occasions before.

What I did find was a great little bar called The Secret. Run by a crew of gays and lesbians but without doubt one of the most chilled places I have ever visited. Spent several hours there consumer several ice cold Singhas

GetAttachmentThumbnail-2.jpg