Snorting urine will not cure sinusitis – official

Coss

Thailand's Medical Services Department warns against inhaling your own pee 

In an unprecedented move, the Thai Medical Services Department warned the public that sniffing your urine will not cure sinusitis.

You would have thought – that washing your sinuses with pee will not cure Covid-19 (or any variant) or the common cold. Though your sex life might be a different matter.

Urine is a very complex substance chemically. And everyone’s is a little different from everyone else’s. Though a snifter of piss contains many elegantly named substances – creatinine anyone? – determining the exact composition is both difficult and expensive. The composition changes according to gender, age, race, food intake, presence of medication and exercise.

One thing the Medical Services Department knows for sure, however, is that there is no current or credible medical evidence to support a claim that pouring pee up your nose will cure your headache.

In further revelations, the department went so far as to claim that the procedure could even be harmful! Those who do fall ill should see a qualified medical doctor, though probably not a urologist.

However, yoga master Sam Cohen, 41 years old, of Islington, north London, claims that he’s not had a cold in nearly 20 years because he fills his nostrils with his pee every time he goes to the loo.

The special needs teaching assistant claims it does wonders for his sex life and that it cures him of any illness. A vegan, Cohen drinks his wee – which he calls Auryn, the Celtic word for golden – every single day, and he even carries his special cup with him.

The Medical Services Department asked the public not to share social media reports claiming that dripping urine into the nose will cure sinusitis, describing it as fake news.

Members of the public can get accurate medical information from the Medical Services Department by logging into the department’s website at www.dms.go.th or by calling 02-590-6000.

https://thethaiger.com/news/health-news-2/snorting-urine-will-not-cure-sinusitis-official

2 hours ago, Coss said:

The special needs teaching assistant claims it does wonders for his sex life and that it cures him of any illness. A vegan, Cohen drinks his wee – which he calls Auryn, the Celtic word for golden – every single day, and he even carries his special cup with him.

I thought “Special Needs” referred to the Pupils and not the Teacher.

Vegan That explains everything, say no more

Urine
There's antimony, arsenic, aluminum, selenium
And hydrogen and oxygen and nitrogen and rhenium
And nickel, neodymium, neptunium, germanium
And iron, americium, ruthenium, uranium
Europium, zirconium, lutetium, vanadium
And lanthanum and osmium and astatine and radium
And gold protactinium and indium and gallium
And iodine and thorium and thulium and thallium
There's yttrium, ytterbium, actinium, rubidium
And boron, gadolinium, niobium, iridium
And strontium and silicon and silver and samarium
And bismuth, bromine, lithium, beryllium, and barium
There's holmium and helium and hafnium and erbium
And phosphorus and francium and fluorine and terbium
And manganese and mercury, molybdenum, magnesium
Dysprosium and scandium and cerium and cesium
And lead, praseodymium and platinum, plutonium
Palladium, promethium, potassium, polonium
And tantalum, technetium, titanium, tellurium
And cadmium and calcium and chromium and curium
There's sulfur, californium and fermium, berkelium
And also mendelevium, einsteinium, nobelium
And argon, krypton, neon, radon, xenon, zinc and rhodium
And chlorine, carbon, cobalt, copper, tungsten, tin and sodium

20 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

Ghandi used to drink a glass first thing in the morning, I asked my dad, apparently it's full of very good electrolytes, however he also declined from drinking a glass in the morning

I used to go to a barber who recommended urine for getting rid of blackheads. Never tried it though and I found another barber soon after he told me that.

But as far as Ghandi,  "...Gandhi most likely didn't drink urine. There's scant evidence to suggest that the Indian leader actually took part in the urophagia practice, despite the urban legend that persists...."

https://www.newsweek.com/explain-your-letter-time-we-falsely-accused-gandhi-drinking-his-own-pee-375339

• Thanks 1