Oz Embassy in Bangkok spy's on you as you poop

My Penis is hungry

1 hour ago, khunsanuk said:

Hi,

Lots of text, none of which explains why you jumped to the conclusion of "or are you alright with men abusing women’s rights?"

Sanuk!

Because you said that the 10 Years in Jail (Maximum) was a bit harsh.

It is half of that for rape, but still similar hence the reason why it is grouped in the same classification as rape “Offence Relating to Sexuality”

Since sentence for rape is 4 to 20 years, we can safely assume sentence for this offence is 2 to 10 years.

If you feel that 2 to 10 years is too severe for a sexual offence what else am I supposed to believe 

Hi,

As usual you go out of your way to put words in people's mouths so you can start an argument it seems. All I said was that I thought 10 years is pretty harsh punishment for the crime (and yes, I do consider this a crime) he committed. Yet, you immediately start going down a rabbit hole to conclude I am okay with men abusing women's rights.

Pretty sure nobody else jumped to the same conclusion based on my comment.

Sanuk!

• Like 1

That's called a straw man argument.  There used to a lot of that but people are getting wise to it, as being not acceptable. 

"A straw man argument, sometimes called a straw person argument or spelled strawman argument, is the logical fallacy of distorting an opposing position into an extreme version of itself and then arguing against that extreme version. In creating a straw man argument, the arguer strips the opposing point of view of any nuance and often misrepresents it in a negative light. 

The straw man fallacy is an informal fallacy, which means that the flaw lies with the arguer’s method of arguing rather than the flaws of the argument itself. The straw man fallacy avoids the opponent’s actual argument and instead argues against an inaccurate caricature of it. By doing this, the straw man fallacy is a fallacy of relevance, because with it the arguer doesn’t engage with the relevant components of their opposer’s position."

12 hours ago, zzzz said:

That's called a straw man argument.  There used to a lot of that but people are getting wise to it, as being not acceptable. 

"A straw man argument, sometimes called a straw person argument or spelled strawman argument, is the logical fallacy of distorting an opposing position into an extreme version of itself and then arguing against that extreme version. In creating a straw man argument, the arguer strips the opposing point of view of any nuance and often misrepresents it in a negative light. 

The straw man fallacy is an informal fallacy, which means that the flaw lies with the arguer’s method of arguing rather than the flaws of the argument itself. The straw man fallacy avoids the opponent’s actual argument and instead argues against an inaccurate caricature of it. By doing this, the straw man fallacy is a fallacy of relevance, because with it the arguer doesn’t engage with the relevant components of their opposer’s position."

Yep - Maybe a board name change is needed

Getting bloody boring

• 1 month later...