Airfares - schooling, I need.

Coss

After 9 years in Middle Earth, my plans now include excursions to Laos.

MLG, has been back a handful of times, she has organised her airfares, in league, with an accomplice, a small Lao girl whose countenance suggests, nothing so much, as an immediate, French Maid's outfit.

So when I come to research airfares, I'm both bemused and concerned, to find that sensible scheduling attracts a price of double what it used to be.

It is true that airfares of olden time price levels, are available, but these entail, total elapsed travel times, in excess of 40 hours and handfuls of stopovers.

My searching of the airspace entails Travelocity, Expedia, Skyscanner, Air Asia,Thai, Qantas, etc, etc.

My question is, any secrets? School me.

Please...

8 hours ago, Coss said:

My question is, any secrets? School me.

I am more out of touch than you are, last long haul flight was 2013

You could also check out Malaysia, Singapore and Vietnam airways, all have flights from NZ to respective hubs then flights to Vientiane

3 hours ago, My Penis is hungry said:

VietJet isn't too bad an airline

Only flown them once HAN-BKK and not a patch on Vietnam Airways, a bit like trying to compare Air Asia with Singapore airlines IMHO. Typical budget airlines with nice Uniforms. also Vietjet doesn’t fly to New Zealand.

Worked with people who have flown Vietnam Airways to the UK and Australia and positive feedback.

0FB0ED7F-C396-4B97-AAC2-3E540FCB445C.jpeg

At this time I'm finding that ether AirNZ/Viet or Singapore, at about September, is a sweet spot for some good deals, mind you, some of the cheaper options won't check bags all the way through.

Also an extra suitcase is in the order of $60~80 NZD which will be handy for my computer gear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 9:19 AM, Coss said:

My searching of the airspace entails Travelocity, Expedia, Skyscanner, Air Asia,Thai, Qantas, etc, etc.

No real secrets, but other than the companies you mention, websites like Kayak Flights or Matrix-ITA by Google are a good source because they do not sell anything but just compare prices.

This is a constructive post and I am praying for Mekong´s approval.