Ai - wondering

Coss

G'day Coss!

Ya reckon some AI posts are done by folks who can't finish 'em themselves? They use AI bits to fill 'em up so they don't post unfinished?

Yeah, mate! Some blokes might use AI to help 'em wrap up their posts. AI gives 'em text snippets so they don't leave 'em hangin' half-done.

For example, if someone says, "I just wanna..." AI can suggest words like "chat about" or "say that." And if it's about hot temps, AI can talk about 'em bein' real hot, not plastic.

But remember, mate, the user gotta check it all and make sure it sounds right. AI's just lendin' a hand, not takin' over.

So, there ya go, Coss! AI can help us out, but we gotta take charge of our posts. Cheers, mate!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand now, ChatGPT is used to cover up / assist with Dysgraphia

For those of us without such learning disabilities it is pretty much redundant.

For example, do you not reckon if people use it for Cover Letters for a job that HR would not be able to pick up and AI generated letter since, for the most part, they would be identical in content and will have a negative impact on application since HR would assume that either 

1. Applicant is too lazy to compose own original letter
  2. Applicant suffers from Dysgraphia

I prefer to use the tried and tested method which has served me well for decades which is to use my own brain to come upI with original ideas

1 hour ago, My Penis is hungry said:

We've raised nearly $124,000 with assistance from ChatGPT

Who is to say that you would not have raised as much or more without the use of ChatGPT?
You are applying flawed informal logic vis a vis I used ChatGPT to apply for grants therefore ChatGPT must have helped. Did you ever apply for grants without using ChatGPT to have comparative results.

it’s akin to saying “I was wearing my lucky underpants when I passed the test” it is total logical fallacy, you want to believe in something therefore you come up with a statement that coincides with your preconceived conclusion 

it is known as post hoc ergo propter hoc, which means "after this, therefore because of this." It occurs when someone assumes that because one event happened before another event, the first event must have caused the second event.

On 5/25/2023 at 9:48 PM, My Penis is hungry said:

Currently using chatGPT paid version most days

In writing grants to government

---

You'd want to be v careful how much you rely on this Ai, especially if you're doing things with it that involve laws or money.

If there are issues, they wont go after ChatGPT, they'll go after you.

ChatGPT made up cases that American lawyer put before court