Diary of an ex-bg

think_too_mut

Guest lazyphil

<<You people have the nerve to call me arrogant and pompous.... >>........

.....Actually I called you this.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HEY....enough name calling, already. KS WILL close this thread, and that will not be fair to the people trying to discuss the topic at hand. This is the 4th time a warning has been posted here. I suggest not pushing your collective luck.

Flaming, and name calling, are grounds for being banned from this board.

HT

KS wrote:

If all this crap started by GTG (I would like an explanation as to the reasoning behind that post!) isn't ended soon this thread will be killed.

KS, that's not fair! There is nothing wrong with the thread, in your members' section you sell the opposite side of the story, for money.

If you keep on killing threads that not more than 3-4 individuals are trying to spoil, you may well kill the board.

You need the threads .

You don't need that handful of individuals.

Hi TTM,

These are the rules:

[color:red] Flaming is NOT tolerated! It is an absolute certain way of getting banned from the board.

We are all adults here and should respect each others opinions even though they may differ from our own. Differences can be resolved without name calling and flaming. Flame and you will be kicked off, no warning.

Flame: "An abusive or personally insulting e-mail message or newsgroup posting. color=red>

These rules have clearly been violated here. It's as simple as that. It takes a lot, from what I have seen, to have a thread closed down. This thread is still open with 4 warnings under it's belt, and only 2-3 days old. This is a sanuk board, and is supposed to be a fun place to chat, and share information. Name calling, and personal insults have no place here. Both moderators, and the owner, have asked that things be brought back on track. And yet, the name slinging continues. The options are narrowing.

I'd like to see this thread continue, and hope that things stop here. If the name calling continues, I suspect it will be shut down. If a poster, abusive of the above rules, decides to move on to another thread, and continue flaming, and name calling, then I'm sure they will be looked at individually. It's a progression of actions that will occur.

Everybody has a bad day, now and then. I think that fact is well tolerated here. But after continued warnings, there does come a time when stronger action becomes nessesary.

HT

P127: >They do it, because they NEED MONEY. The ones i know would be insulted that you consider their job as based on deceiving. I mean, who's kidding who? they were the first deceived and their trust abused before to end up in Pattaya or BKK. There is just no rules, no guidelines, to how they conduct themselves in that trade. girls in the same bar can be of opposite personalities, one a go getter, the other demure, (often, it's this one who will get married) shy, and the others in between. My experience tells me you can't assume they are only waiting to prey on farangs. They're working, that's all (working is also being in the bar, get guys to stop by, not only give sex). <

Thank you, H, that needed to be said.

I got into this thread a bit late in the priece, and wasn't happy with some of what i read. No I don't think they're all there to deceive.

Ironically, I've been down the road that TTM went, helping a GF out of the bar, paying for english lesson , Trad Thai massage course, and a professional training as beautician. Maybe I was deceived in that she had another Falang BF paralell to me, but hey, she didn't know I'd ever come back. maybe she lied to me from tme to time, so what, in her heart she was OK.

Just a pity that she decided after finishing her training, that the bar pays better, and has probably gone back to work.

Well, I still maintain it was worth the gamble. Good on you TTM, keep it up!

In reply to:

Well, I still maintain it was worth the gamble. Good on you TTM, keep it up!

Agreed! The one thing that TTM has going for him is that what he describes is a rather demanding schedule. It would be even for us Western, (occasionally) self-discplined guys, but that much more so for someone who got used to a more relaxed lifestyle. TTM's GF has demonstrated she can handle the pressure and that she can do what it takes. That's an excellent sign.

OTOH, I would tend to try to ease the burden on her. If the schedule is too demanding to enjoy life and the end is years away it may be temping to give up and take an easy way out.

Also, phoenix, you tried to do the right thing and it didn't work out--you still came out as a winner. Good to see you didn't become cynical and hardened about the experience.

phoenix:>Ironically, I've been down the road that TTM went, helping a GF out of the bar, paying for english lesson , Trad Thai massage course, and a professional training as beautician. Maybe I was deceived in that she had another Falang BF paralell to me, but hey, she didn't know I'd ever come back. maybe she lied to me from tme to time, so what, in her heart she was OK.

Just a pity that she decided after finishing her training, that the bar pays better, and has probably gone back to work.

Phoenix, I think I remember your story, also the HSTEACH's one. With other posters you two made me take some precautionary meassures before I got into where I am.

There are no other parallel falangs here. Three others she had been in touch with (no scamming nor money sent) had all received a "thank you" note and no more contact.

I had known her email password all along the way, never actually read any messages but was aware of the dynamics.

When she stopped working, she invited me to poke around. I did not want to but I just checked if any of the messages had been deleted. No. All there. Even today. I have no desire to dig through them.

We are also talking serious school here - real high school. She's aware that, without the HSC from Thailand, she'll never been able to complete it overseas. That is why April 2003 is a milestone date - she can't graduate before then.

The numerous ample courses are in addition.

Now, this proves the value of this board - your story and HST's helped me better position myself.

MadMax>: I would tend to try to ease the burden on her. If the schedule is too demanding to enjoy life and the end is years away it may be temping to give up and take an easy way out.

MM, the schedule is what she creates. All I wanted her to do was high school on Sundays and English for 2 hours Mon-Fri.

She found and arranged (and I paid) all other courses and has many more lined up.

As if whole world's hunger for education is speaking through her.

Her reasoning is - she's got nothing else to do. Either sit and watch TV or do school.

The end is not years away, it is known - April 2003.

Her friends (bgs) gradually deserted her, which is good. Not a single one has called for 42 straight days now.

She has made new friends at school.

Aha, another part of the deal is - the whole show stops if she is not at home between 9pm and 8am. No reason why will be sought.

Archived