Diary of an ex-bg

think_too_mut

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TTM,

this fascinating thread you started on '02, I just found it again when looking for my own old posts (different handle).

How did it go, are you still around? Is She? Has she got her Master's yet?

Are you still together?

what happened?

BTW, where's GTG? Has she mellowed a bit since?

I love the archives.

I found TTM's postings about his Thai girlfriend and her development extremely interesting. It was a kind of a Pygmalion effect.

Unfortunately TTM has left the board. His last post is from 2004. Two years ago I hoped to meet him in Tokyo, but never got an answer. :(

• 1 year later...

TTM is alive and well and posts on other forums.

He is now married to the ex-bg, has a baby and they all live in Japan. They have bought a condo here in Bangkok and visit fairly often. From his posts on the other board, he is not what I would call a great fan of living in Thailand. :smirk:

First time I ran into him on the internet was on the Thai-Falang board in something like 2001 after a trip in which he met his now wife. He was working in Australia, had set her up in an apt in Bangkok, she was going to school and they talked via web cam every night. I think being able to post on that board at a time when he couldn't believe what he was doing helped him a lot.

He, along with a well know Brit from this board, are examples that marrying a bg can work.

:beer:

This is indeed a classic thread for this board, in many ways.

TH

• 2 weeks later...

Archived