Never pay a barfine again!

I know Pattaya is generally far cheaper, but it's just not my scene. Attracts the worst elements of sanukers.

Sure it's not a great saving, but over the course of a ten-day holiday which I had, that's 5000-6000B ie 3-4 free longtimes. That's not insignificant!

An added benefit of this plan is that it filters out the girls who aren't that keen on you, because they won't give you the number otherwise.

Most commonly you'll meet a girl around 2-3pm, go for a bite to eat, back to the hotel and do what comes naturally. Most girls starting time at work is flexible - between 6-9pm, so of course you don't end up paying the barfine - that would defeat the purpose.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"An added benefit of this plan is that it filters out the girls who aren't that keen on you, because they won't give you the number otherwise. "

Keen? A prostitute who doesn't like you much will still fuck you for money. A prostitute who likes you will still need money to fuck you. Conversely, if you are truly repulsive in appearance or behaviour, a girl won't fuck you at all, provided her mamasan lets her refuse the barfine.

My point is that you're jumping through all those hoops for marginal gains at best and just burning cycles and costing yourself time and effort.

Barfines and beer prices are what they are. One guy opting out accomplishes nothing except his own inconvenience.

I knew one stunner that would never go with a guy that did not pay the BF. The girls have to make so many BF or their pay is reduced.

To avoid a BF go with Freelancers! Go to Soi 7, Angels, Thermae, Grace, Suk., Nana Parking lot, etc.

Wow, you're in a bad mood today smile.gif

I can absolutely see your, and the other posters, point -- but on the other hand I fail to see what's so bad with trying to avoid the barfine when it can be done so easily.

In my opinion 500-600 baht is not insignificant money. And certainly not from a Thai point of view. That amount represents several day wages for a worker or a good portion of the montly fee for an average Thai apartment, etc, etc.. [Do you want me to continue to give examples of what you can get for 500 baht in Thailand? No I didn't think so.]

Personally, I would not go out of my way to avoid the barfine. All I want to say is that I find it unneccesary to jump on seeker for something that really is not so strange. I'm quite convinced many readers of this board never, or seldom, pay barfine although they frequent those type of places....

I see threads on this board where people discuss the possibility of saving 50 baht on the taxi ride from Don Muang by hailing a cab from the 'departures' instead of the 'arrivals' and still no harsh words are uttered.

Why people are so upset in this setting is beyond me....

Cheers,

Straycat

[edit: made a new paragraph for the last sentence]

Why not cut a hole in your trouser pocket, buy a large bottle of water and go and sit in a gogo bar.

You can then quench your thirst without paying the outrageous price of £2 for a bottle of beer and satisfy yourself by hand without parting with any cash at all. Or if you feel it necessary take a calorific reading of the energy expended while you "chak wa" divide that by the price per calorie of a roadside meal and invoice the bar owner for the cost of calories used, as it's his fault for putting on such an exciting display.

You have thus recieved a cheap thrill in Thailand for nothing more than the cost of a bottle of water.

Cheers

up the Latics

As I said, where's the hassle? It's no more hassle than going to two or three bars and barfining a girl, which is what everyone does.

A stunner that wouldn't go with guys that didn't pay barfines???? You must be kidding! If she was a stunner, she would have no trouble meeting the barfine quota. Quotas vary from bar to bar but the genuine stunners get barfined at least once every night and that would more than meet the quota anywhere.

Why not go with freelancers? If you're meeting a girl in the afternoon, for all intents and purposes she is a freelancer, but with the added bonus that you know where she lives, so to speak. Most of your Beergarden types can't get a job in a go-go. Ask yourself why.

Another bonus of this plan is that you can go out barhopping with friends for the night. If you spot a friendly looker in the first bar, you can ask for her number and keep on going with your friends for the rest of the night.

I'm not jumping on Seeker, just on the concept; if it was personal, everybody'd know it. But I think he's gotten a bum steer from that "worldly wise gentleman" he referenced. Lots of wasted effort is what upsets me in any sphere of action.

Agreed 600 baht matters. But not to the tourist, not really. And the point isn't about giving that to charity or saving it -- it's going to get spent, the method just lowers the APPARENT price per screw.

Getting the most bang [pun intended] out of your buck/baht is fine, but we're talking about $14.50. The two hours you spend saving that amount works out to $7.25 an hour. Anybody who can afford a sex-trip to Thailand makes more than that back home. Why go on vacation and work, particularly for less than normal wages? It just doesn't add up for me.

"and still no harsh words are uttered. "

I guess you missed some of the really old 'getting an airport taxi' threads -- the first few times around with that topic the dispensary ran out of ointment and dressings...

No harm's intended on my part. I just think it's a dumb plan. That's all.

And I really am in a good mood.

But my whole point is that it's luxury. Give in to impulse buying -- like grabbing a pack of gum off the checkout stand at Foodland -- go with the flow and enjoy. Don't bring the office on vacation with you with little plots and plans and stratagems. See the girl, pay bar, go screw.

Instead of going to three bars, drinking beers and collecting phone numbers, then waiting for your phone to ring... Just hit one bar, pull or move on; next bar, pull or move on.

By the 'recruitment method' you go home with a pocketful of phone numbers, with the 'impulse method' you go home with a real live girl or at least get really drunk.

You don't fly 7000 miles to play office manager, after all.

"Most of your Beergarden types can't get a job in a go-go. Ask yourself why."

Or don't want one because they make more money freelancing.

I hear you db. smile.gif

It's just that I don't find the concept that strange (or outrageously dumb). It might wasted effort for the two week tourist -- but on the other hand, he certainly don't see it that way himself. So who are we to say it's wasted?

If people -- tourist or expat -- thought barfine really was no big deal we wouldn't see places like Thermae and it's likes....

Anyhow, I'm really not that worked up on this subject.

As I said before, I just thought that the general (and by that I mean all posters here combined) "cheap charlie finger pointing" was a wee bit over the top...

Keep up the good mood! :-)

Cheers,

Straycat

Archived