Gogo alternative

Here's a tip for sanukers in Pattaya-tired of the bars and gogos with their overpriced beers,cramped seating,smokey atmos.and scarcity of stunners-head for Ko Larn,more precisely the restaurant at the far end of the main beach.From its second floor balcony you can watch cute Japanese girls in skimpy costumes frolicking in the surf,playing volleyball etc.,whilst enjoying a slap-up meal and a beer all for under 100 baht-now thats what I call value !.Now if only I could translate my most subtle chat-up line " Hia big tits,fancy some action?." into Japanese.......wheres that phrase book ?.

Hell, I can do that in 100's of places here in Hawaii. Why would you travel to LOS to watch Japanese girls play in the ocean from a 2nd floor restaurant? Would be different if they had no clothes on, and were in the jaccuzzi in my hotel room. And I was in there with them. smile.gif

HT

Captain, if you really want to tell the Japanese gals, " Hia big tits,fancy some action?." try this line:

"Oppai ga kirei desu ne, asobitai desu ka?" which translates to "You have beautiful tits, want to play?"

If this earns you a slap in the face, next time try "anata wa sexy desu ne" (you're sexy) For some reason Japanese gals like to be told they're sexy, as opposed to cute.

Are you sure these girls are Japanese? I see mostly Taiwanese and Koreans when I'm in Pattaya.

Also, beware of the padded-boob syndrome, standard with all Japan-issued swimwear.

Let us know how you go.

Roppongi

There were a couple of threads about "chatting up Japanese birds" on the old board. What I said then still holds true: outside Japan (and even in Japan) if you want to pick up a Japanese chick probably the worst thing you can do is waltz over and start showing off your pidgeon Nihongo. Japanese girls are persuaded by the media and recent history (the Italian guy who raped 4 Japanese students and got away with it) to believe that any non-Japanese male outside Japan itself who shows himself able to converse in Japanese is either crackers or a prowling Asiaphile sex maniac who has learned the lingo in order to snare a mate. Or both.

(I'm in the latter category, by the way. Or used to be. Probably.)

My ex-wife blush.gif was Japanese. When we were in other Asian countries, or Europe or the States and a waiter or barman would start showing off his crap Japanese chat-up lines to her, she would visibly shudder and almost retch before muttering "What an asshole!" under her breath when the guy had given up and gone away. (Kind of like the way she reacted when I tried to shag her, but that's another story... frown.gif)

If you really want to pick up a young Japanese woman, best to kick off in English. They all want to practice their English anyway (since there's little opportunity for them to do so in Japan, though they all learn the language at school). Even if you can speak brilliant Japanese, keep it a secret until it becomes essential to use it: the gal will find that much more impressive. I remember another poster saying that when he and his mates (who could all speak Japanese well) used to go bird-hunting in Roppongi they would dumb down their Japanese, even pretend not to be able to speak it at all, in order to pull a native. I used to do the same. wink.gif

Although you might want to try polishing up or revising "Hiya big tits, fancy a shag?" if English is going to be your weapon of choice. wink.gif

(Oh, and Captain Sensible ? bet you didn't expect to be taken so seriously? I apologise for turining your light-hearted thread into a dull diatribe, but I'm having a bad day frown.gif. I see you're back on "nostalgia" tour with the Damned? What happened to your thriving solo career? blush.gif)

LOL smile.gif

Jack

<< is either crackers or a prowling Asiaphile sex maniac who has learned the lingo in order to snare a mate.>>

sabbadi mai?

NOTE: FieryJack just flamed everyone on the board!!!!!!!

Fiery Jack,

"There were a couple of threads about "chatting up Japanese birds" on the old board. What I said then still holds true: outside Japan (and even in Japan) if you want to pick up a Japanese chick probably the worst thing you can do is waltz over and start showing off your pidgeon Nihongo."

I agree if the girl speaks good English or is well-traveled, but if she's your shy, traditional, country girl type sometimes they're astonished that a foreigner can even say a few words.

As for "Even if you can speak brilliant Japanese, keep it a secret until it becomes essential to use it: the gal will find that much more impressive."

Depending on the situation, many Japanese girls who have the "I can't speak English complex" are drawn to Japanese-speaking foreigners just because it breaks down the language barrier.

I wonder if its the same with farang who speak Thai? I've often heard bar girls tell punters trying to speak Thai to talk in English. Never knew if their Thai was bad, boring or the girls just didn't like it.

Anyhow Captain, let us know if your successful!

Good points, Roppongi. You're right: I tend to generalise too much. The language of choice in a conversation ought to that which best furnishes effective and clear communication for all involved. If a bird's fluent in English (or if her English is a lot better than your Japanese) then no point in pushing the Nihongo. But if a gal's English is poorer than your Japanese then I'm sure she'll be glad to converse in her mother tongue. It used to bug me, as I'm sure it does you Roppongi, when punters whose English was undescribably worse than my (at that time) reasonably fluent Japanese would still insist on slowing the conversation down by descending into dodgy phrasebook English. Particulary when I was, for example, asking for directions to a train platform from which I knew the f*cking train was departing in about one minute's time. But don't get me started on that one... wink.gif.

Hmm.

"I wonder if its the same with farang who speak Thai? I've often heard bar girls tell punters trying to speak Thai to talk in English. Never knew if their Thai was bad, boring or the girls just didn't like it."

I'd be very interested to know more about that too.

Cheers,

j wink.gif

Most Thais either swing with the Fararng speaking Thai OR are just so shocked they can't seem to deal with it.

As a rule,generally the first thing Thais do when they begin speaking to me is ask me how long I live in Thailand-you live how long Thailand...10-20 years???

But thats an interesting point of discussion ie the manner in which BG and some Thai refuse to note that you are speaking Thai. Apparently I speak clear and fairly fluent Thai yet... some Thais are so used to Farangs butchering their native tongue that at first they rather refuse to note that your Thai is understandable and sometimes of a better dialect than the Thais themselves. Straight Thai girls and most BG's are generally of 2 camps. The first is that they are suspicious of any Farang that speaks Thai like that because:

1.) khun roo yud gern bai layow-you know too much (ie can't pick your wallet as easily)

or you are obviously married if you can speak Thai like that (i'm not however)

2.)The nice Thai girl that is relieved she does not have to speak English and lose face along with her mistakes-(they are the best)

However some Thais never even flinch and cary on in extremely rapid Thai slang l ike you are their own brethern

Here is the classic story- I am in a restaurant and the dear young waitress has a look of absolute horror on her face when she realizes she has to take an order from one of "them"-a Farang-

In Thai I request a menu and naam plao for myself and my companion- She replies in Thai" I don't speak English" to which I reply-Khun mai dai sanghet reuplao... chai mai krap -did you not notice I am not speaking english I am speaking Thai at which point she laughs and we carry on in Thai...

TIT

Thats the skinny

Archived