Why Some Gals Go Without Condems

New Petchburi Pete

I have heard it said by a few bargirls that, there are usually only a couple of reasons why a bar girl will allow a gent to go bareback with her:

* She needs more money for something like

rent or cellphone bill, or sick family relaitive ... usually the mother. Or,

* She way have some variety of sexually

transmitted disease, probably undiagnosed

because of her fear of doctors, and very willing to pay back members of the

opposite sex (and imagine, some farangs

eagerly offer to pay much more for these ladies for that bareback 'dip,' that they

simply crave) - this can happen with or

without the effects of alcohol.

* ... and, it also happens that she may actually truely love a certain farang (usually for money and/or security, especially if he agrees to help out the poor family folk/? in-laws? upcountry.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete -- How about "Too stupid to realize the consequences" of unprotected sex? You know, "Gee, she/he looked clean."

I can understand the theory that someone who is infected just might not care about infecting others but I don't think that the average person who contracts HIV decides to go out and infect the world. However, I don't really know how it feels, so maybe I'm wrong.

I have more often heard about a farang engaging in unprotected sex and infecting multiple girls in the same bar, and, I guess, aware of what he was doing.

About six years ago I was informed about this very type of occurance in a bar on Soi Cowboy. When I asked the mamasan what happend to all of the girls who had been working there six months previous she told me, "One customer make many lady sick. Now lady all go home." I didn't pursue the conversation and it might have been some kind of BS, but why would she tell me something like that if it weren't true. BTW, I was a regular there and knew the mamasan pretty well. (I know, "Big Deal") I do think the girls have become a lot more aware in the past six years, but I digress.

As to why some bargirls would go w/o a condom, I'd have to say that since education and social awareness are not high on the list of priorities around here, the number one reason might be "just plain dumb."

Only my opinion. Guido.

don't know about your source of information but sounds characteristic of the general attitude. still..its hard to go past the 'bareback dip' in the pleaseures stakes...i know the risk but i can't resist

ay

quote:

Originally posted by aypenarin:

still..its hard to go past the 'bareback dip' in the pleaseures stakes...i know the risk but i can't resist

ay

I don't understand the last part of your comment.

Do you really know the risk? You can contract the clapp, chalmydia, non specific urinary infection (whatever that is!!) and who know's what else, including maybe AIDS. I think that after you contract a selection of these infections it will be easy for you to resist.

BTW, except for HIV/AIDS, "been there, done that", so I just thought I'd try to offer you the benefit of my unpleasant experiences.

Good luck in any case, Guido. crazy.gif" border="0

Maybe, just maybe the girls don't realise the potential dangers. Maybe ther are coerced into not using a condom by the customer or as has been discuseed in other threads, maybe she is coerced into it by the mamasan who wants to keep a regular custoemr happy... There must be a zillion reasons why they go without a condom.

quote:

Originally posted by Stickman:

Maybe, just maybe the girls don't realise the potential dangers. Maybe ther are coerced into not using a condom by the customer or as has been discuseed in other threads, maybe she is coerced into it by the mamasan who wants to keep a regular custoemr happy... There must be a zillion reasons why they go without a condom.

I must agree. Although, in my experience, I think "coerced" might even be too strong a word. When I was dumb, and/or drunk, or foolish to the extreme, or just didn't give a fuck, all I ever had to do with most freelancers was say, "No condom, OK?" Usaually it was not a problem to find Soi 7 girls willing to give bare back rides for the minimum going rates. Street girls never put up a fuss. I'm not talking about very long ago either, say three years, before I wised up and got my head on straight. (no pun intended.)

Now it's not an issue for me, so I'm currently not aware of how difficult it is/isn't to to get laid w/o a rubber.

In retrospect starting to always use a condom was an easy thing for me to do after back to back doses of the clapp.

Maybe it's the old story of, "if it's going to happen to someone, it will probably happen to someone else", and I did take that attitude for a long time, especially given the situation here, which is definitely huge disparities in reports of the incidence and dangers of unprotected sex in SE Asia. You can basically choose whatever version you wish to believe and then go out and find any number of reports (including word of mouth) that will back up your belief of choice, be that one of relative safety or of extreme danger as far as having unprotected sex here is concerned. I'm sure there are guys here who come over and screw anything that moves w/o a condom as often as they can and have never had a problem. For years I was one of them. Sure, I got tested and always had a clean bill of health. Then, there came the rude awakening and I found myself spending more time in hospitals and clinics than in beer bars and discoteques. So that was it for me, and, I guess, you could say, "it takes what it takes". Some guys need to learn by experience, and for sure, that's me. I'm lucky that anything I came across was curable with medication and I'm still not convinced that HIV is transmittable w/o access to the bloodstream, but when all is said and done wearing a condom is really a small price to pay given the alternatives.

In any event, everyone who takes part in the scene is at least at some risk of contracting or transmitting STD's and international jet setting STD's at that. Just think about it, with all of the intimacy undertaken and all of the foreigners, and multiple partners,

Bangkok has got to be ground zero for the world's most active international germ exchange.

Cheers and have good day, Guido.

smile.gif" border="0

If they feel compelled to go without a condom, it is usually driven by either a sense of duty, in terms of supporting the 'family' back home, or their own kids, or simply by greed.

Revenge, on the other hand, is an entirely

dufferent motive.

Also, remember, they are not bound by a sense of free will according to their religious

schooling or upbringing in general, as most

Westerners are.

As far as understanding the potential consequences of contracting HIV, most of the

bar gals can tell you that they know of some

other bar lady, probably from their own village, or other place of origin, who caught the dreaded (and much publicized) plague from

some 'farang.'

I am afraid that it seems to be true that fear of the diagnosis (thus lack of treatment) outweighs any comcern for the

customer.

quote:

Originally posted by New Petchburi Pete:

If they feel compelled to go without a condom, it is usually driven by either a sense of duty, in terms of supporting the 'family' back home, or their own kids, or simply by greed. Revenge, on the other hand, is an entirely dufferent motive.

Also, remember, they are not bound by a sense of free will according to their religious

schooling or upbringing in general, as most

Westerners are.

Have you ever thoght of the possibility that punters apply huge pressure on the girls to give it up bareback? If that's what you mean when you talk about "not bound by a sense of free will" , I would call that a euphemism!

Don't forget many punters who go bareback want to go with the girls who usually take their precautions, thus minimizing their risk. These guys put a lot of pressure on girls to get their bareback ride.

Cheers!

[ June 24, 2001: Message edited by: SOONGMAK ]

OK, at the risk of being flamed, I'll toss in some personal experiece from when I knew better, but took the risks anyway. I have gotten smarter in my old age! Many girls (this happened at least 5 times that I remember) after the 2nd or 3rd date actually initiated the bare-backing as a sign that I had achieved "boyfriend" status. Twice, this happened after a fight as part of the "make-up sex". They of course claimed that I was the only one they ever did this with (yeah, right!). Just a another clever bar girl trick as I look back upon it now.

Ranger

Archived