No smoking in Bangkok as of 1st August

Yehtmae

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Not only are they harming their own health (up to them) but I beleive it is proven beyond doubt that passive smoking causes health problems, and even cancer in those who do not want to breathe in the polluted filth smokers seem only too happy to share with others.-peter <

it's bangkok we are talking about here! not really the city with the best record in air polution terms, a bit of cigarette smoke won't make much of a difference here...

and if you don't like to breathe in the smoke than just stay away from us filthy smokers. i am not going to force you nonsmokers to inhale my secondary smoke. you can very easily avoid us by not going where there is smoke.

find a nonsmoker bar, and i am not going to intrude on that place. i just stay away.

why do you want to force us not to smoke in places smoking is permitted by the owners?

i think that is very intrusive.

>Finally, I have a reason to really like you, Fly.<

you see, even the biggest arseholes like me have some redeeming qualities smile.gif

Telling non smokers to stay away from public places if they don't want to breathe in filthy smokers exhaust, is like telling pedestrians to keep off the street if they don't want to take the risk of being hit by a driver selfishly doing what he wants at the expense of others.

You cannot deny smoking is a dirty, unhealthy habit, that even the vast majority of users want to stop, but are just too weak to manage it. -peter

thai3

the whole debate is more or less useless because each side will sick to their guns.

I smoke occasionally, never was a strong smoker but have sympathy for those who don't smoke. That's why I never ever smoke indoors.

What I really don't like is the anti smoking crusade which intends to outlaw smokers. Some more tolerance would certainly lead to more understanding of both sides.

a bar or restaurant is owned by a person and not by the public. that owner has the right to decide what to allow or not. real public places like airports have smokers lounges, no problem. in trains you can go to the doors if they don't have smokers compartments.

>You cannot deny smoking is a dirty, unhealthy habit<

so is sex. the dirtier the better. smile.gif

>, that even the vast majority of users want to stop, but are just too weak to manage it. -peter<

i can't decide for the vast majority of smokers, i can only speak for myself: i have smoked my first cigarette when i was 5 years old, i have smoked regularly since i was 13 years old, and believe me, i really like to smoke. i find it very pleasurable.

there is no question of being too weak to stop for me, because i simply don't want to stop. if i might want to stop some day, i'll do it like my mum, she stopped from one day to the next after 40 years smoking. simply because she did not enjoy smoking anymore.

I'm in the middle of the road. I don't smoke but don't mind others smoking as long as they don't inconsiderately blow it directly in my face.

What would the Thermae, Nana Disco, and Grace Coffee Shop be like without the smoky environ? I would rather have A/C at these places than a non-smoke environ.

Archived