No smoking in Bangkok as of 1st August

Yehtmae

Nice little thread there fly.

We managed to keep it civil!

I am a bit of a rule dodger myself so I appreciate the sentiment.

I am now considering a smoking section in 'my place', smokers who do give due consideration for those around them should be accommodated.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i smoke

would not smoke in a non-smokers house,would not smoke at a meal unless permission was given.

in a restaurant etc,i will ask for smoking area,if there is one.

no problem if there is'nt one.

not far to the street.

but object to being banned,i am easy in my habit and can wait if i need to.

but for people to tell me you cannot come here if you smoke,is a no go.

why shouldn't we keep it civil? smile.gif

also my place will have a nonsmoking section. smile.gif

i think you will find most smokers accommodating. basic fact is that we have the ability to compromise. we don't need laws for something which can easily be solved.

what really pisses me off is the no smoking flights. that is very difficult for me. there would be an easy solution: make a small smoker's cabin at the back of the plane with a separate aircon system. charge anyone an additional fee to be allowed to enter.

by the way, i have read once that the airquality actually went down in the planes since they introduced non smoking flights. now they don't have to renew the air as much anymore but just recycle it (it is cheaper that way), a lot more germs and viruses in the plane now.

We need laws basically because a lot of people are uncomromising.

A lot of people are inconsiderate.

Now this smoker's cabin at the back of the airplane, you sort of go in and come out like a toilet I guess? Works for me, or smokers could be permanently seated in a special cabin (read luggage hold).

Many places have benefitted from removing smoking, a US airport frequently smells better than a UK one for example. London underground. The aircraft certainly smell cleaner and there are not the wall stains there used to be.

The fact that the airlines have taken advantage of the cleaner air is sad - I often come down with a cold after I get off a long haul because of this I guess..

I sure get a laugh at the smokers dashing off the plane to light up after a long flight - sad in a pathetic sort of way.

I suggest nicotine gum and patches! Poor poor addicts.

>I suggest nicotine gum and patches! Poor poor addicts.<

i actually carry some chewing tobacco into the plane. not the spitting stuff which baseball players seem to love (ARGHH...!), the swedish one.

but it ain't the same.

it is not just the nicotine addiction, that would be not much problem for me. i have kicked other habits before, bad for a week than it is OK.

it is the lovely sensation of tingling in your lung when you draw in the smoke, then playing with it, sometimes letting it escape through your nose, or blowing a steady stream, sometimes just letting it roll in your mouth before inhaling through your nose.

it is not just addiction, there is a lot of pleasure in smoking. smoking culture like the cigar, or the pipe, or the shisha...

yes most of us are easy going when it concerns smoking.

as with you,a 12 hour flight is a burden for me.

that's why i get the drink and sleeping pills down my throat before i board.

last trip managed 10 hours sleep out of 12.

and yes,the air quality has gone down since smoking has been banned.

london underground?

smoking banned for years now,after kings cross fire.

thanks for calling us smokers pathetic.

some of us have a vice which we find hard to give up,but we don't need to be called names.

for some it can be a hard thing to give up,i know i've tried.

i like a good drink and a good asian pussy,neither of these i can give up,but i hope nobody will call me or others names because of this vice.

Darn you fly, you know I am an ex-smoker.

You just brought back the desires of old.

If you think it only lasts a week, I am sorry to correct you.

It goes on and on - (cos some asshole just blew some your way!).

Still, I would expect the 'rush' addicts feel for other substances is quite pleasurable too - nicotine and smoking is just another one.

I doubt if the coughing up of blood feels too good.

Archived