Best Go-Go Performance Show at NEP

StoneSoup

It is a rare thing when I take the time to originate a thread about the "tourist" go-go scene. But I make exceptions for true excellence.

In the ever-changing world of BKK nightlife, the place to check out for the moment is Angelwitch go-go at NEP, for the performance show that runs from about 10:15 pm until 11:00 pm.

This ain't your "frogs, darts and pussy smoke cigarette" type show. This show is patterned after the best days of Longgun, which I localize to summer of 2001.

To start with, the dancers "uniforms" here for routine (non-show) periods are very well done. All black, several variations, very sensuous.

Then comes "showtime" - set #1 is a bevy of very lithe dancers, coated in oil. Well-rehearsed, sultry, stony looks on their faces - very, very nice job. They rotate off, are replaced by "regular" dancers for a couple of songs, then the same oil dancers return - but this time coated in soap suds (but with bikini bottoms). Some mutual soapy rub-downs. They come off the stage and the "cleaning lady" comes on to mop up the suds. They have turned this into a little mini-act of its own. Net set up is a bevy of "cowgirls" (direct concept import from Longgun). They do an unremarkable couple of western songs, then a sudden change in music, and then the cowboy hats go flying, and the dancers go into high overdrive for one long song - tremendous gyrations - this comes off REALLY well !!!!!

Next comes a two-girl team, staring off with masquerade masks and feather boas. At first glance, they don't look like much - thicker bodies, average chests. They start off smoothly, but no big deal. But they are also well-rehearsed, and evolve the performance into a really sexy delivery. The one girl moves like something .........well, I dunno - enticing as hell.

The next performance is a team of very slender, very young looking girls dressed up in pseudo-classical Thai theatre garb - kinaree style, including the 15 cm gold fingernails. But not wearing a whole lot other than bikini bottoms. They dance to Thai semi-classical music, performing something similar to a ramwong. They sure didn't look like they could be much above 16 years old - but nice makeup and effects.

Bar layout is good. Crown group style prices - 110 baht for a beer, 95 baht for a lady drink. Interestingly, no pressure whatsoever to turn over a lot of drinks - service was good, and responsive, but no one bothered me once I had an empty beer bottle in front of me.

I noted the farang manager scoping things out. He seemed attentive, and appeared to really give a shit - 'nice change! This place has very nice looking ladies - with an emphasis on youth and slender build.

I was a frequent customer at Longgun in its best days, and Midnite bar at its heyday. In recent months, Angelwitch is the only place that I've seen that comes close. Having watched history unfold, I know that peak performance usually cannot be sustained for long - if for no other reason than that the "star talent" gets "retired" by admiring fans.

Now is a great time to catch the Angelwitch show.

So Says -

The Fighting Fish

Stone Soup

Good post. Sounds very interesting. I hope it stays good at least through the end of September, when I will check it out:)

Thanks for the info.

SF dude

even I never saw the show I can only agree this bar is great & BF still 500bt. went there severel times last few weeks, but never succeded in actually taking a girl out even there's severel worth taking even late at night weekends ;-)

few other nice nep bars at the moment include mandarin(young girls, see thru ST cabins!, BF 600), rainbow2(loads of cuties, BF500), playskool(BF600, non techno music)...

Archived