cambodia announcement on cnn

• [color:blue]"it is not gonna be easy in places like kin svay, which is owned by some very high level government officials and army guys. color=blue>

I checked Kin Svay during my last holiday. All the ladies were gone. I have been told, Kin Svay was victimized during the last crack-down. The houses are still there. I am sure, if you are in a real need, ladies can be found there though.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sure they still are there. All brothels locked . Visitors can go in, but brothel will be double locked as soon as you are in. girls will only be displayed when everything is secured and locked and kept away from the outside world, you can't see girls from the street.

• [color:blue]"Your remarks regarding the nationalities of the people arrested raises the point that there's been no reporting I've seen of paedo-related arrests of non-barang [i.e western whites]."color=blue>

I remember postings on Penhball, that a time ago a Japanese man was caught at KM11. When in PNH, I had the impression, the majority of tourists is of Asian origin anyway. May be, someone can provide a link to an official stats? They can be found in the more upscale establishments (discos).

i have only seen kin svay in daytime, and it was a rather low key place then. i was there three years ago. by driving through you could not see much of what is going on. main clientel was richer people and businessmen from other asian countries.

a very evil place. i spoke with a few girls there who were very frightened.

• [color:blue]"a very evil place. i spoke with a few girls there who were very frightened. "color=blue>

I can not share the impression. Half a year ago, the place was open and many ladies (khmer) smiled and wanted to talk to me (well, of course they wanted a short-time). Very nice location on the river-side, with a very good concept. You can eat, drink, relax, and if you are after this, go in a room for a short-time. A very interesting and relaxing way to spent a weekend at the river-side. As there are Khmer ladies only and rarely any stunners, many suggest bringing your own Viet girl.

But, yes, you are right. It is a place, where mainly locals hang out.

Q "Perverts? A4A sex-tourists are perverts? Since when? "

Many people hold the view that ALL sex-tourists are perverts, regardless of the ages of the participants.

Logically I have no problem with people holding the view that

1) Sex for money is morally wrong, AND,

2) Sex under the legal age is morally wrong,

but I find it very unhelpful when the two are jumbled together, as is so often the case.

The news article you quote follows this common practice, which is to be deplored, of blurring the distinction between commercial sex with adults and commercial sex with children.

In the first paragraph we read of plans to "root out... perverts and pedophiles". In the second this has become "a remit to stamp out sex tourism".

Later we have the "country's unsavory reputation for commercial sex, often involving underage boys and girls."

Don't you just love that "often" ?

So for example Chang Noi visits Thailand for P4P. As is well known, Thailand has an unsavoury reputation for commercial sex, often involving underage boys and girls.

Conclusion: don't like the sound of this Chang Noi character.

I've been looking at the websites of NGOs working in this field and have discovered that they generally define a child as under 18 years of age, in accordance with Article 1 of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.

But do I see a thread starting entitled "Time to Ban Nana Plaza" ? I don't think so.

I don't know why NGOs and the Press should want to conflate "commercial sex" with "child sex" for the purposes of analysis and debate. This blurring only serves to alienate potential supporters of organisations working to fight child prostitution, and helps paedophiles to see themselves as being part of a larger group, thus reinforcing their sense of being normal, even persecuted.

A disservice to the child victims, in my opinion.

BTW what is A4A ?

Action for Australian$ ?

Ass for Alimony ? (currently popular in the West)

>I can not share the impression. Half a year ago, the place was open and many ladies (khmer) smiled ... <

the next time you go there and ask these girls how they got there. suddenly you might hear stories of kidnappings and slavery, and the punishments inflicted on the ones who try to escape, or if a customer does not feel satisfied. and take the opportunity and ask some of them them for their age...

won't see that many smiles anymore...

Archived