cambodia announcement on cnn

>Addition: KS rules are to either keep the board on a civilized discourse, or to avoid subjects that may cause him and the board undue supervision (read: problems) with the local authorities, ...<

sorry, but places like km11 are seriously under fire internationally. indentured prostitution is one of the main agendas of international organisations like the ILO (classified under something like "severest forms of forced labour", and tolerating advertising posts on places of indentured prostitution is a potential danger to this board.

this is not just an issue of taking a moral stand, this is an issue of international proportions where we will see legislations coming up similar to the one on pedophilia some time in the future.

do not think that the boards here are not under scrutinity. and i am not just talking about "local authorities" and small scale NGO's.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fly, this is because boards as these are most likely under scrutiny that KS will stick to rules about illegal offending activities. please, do not patronize me, i am as aware as you of this.

Stop about bringing cambodia indentured/slavery discussions as the greatest offense/threat to this THAI board. Anyone, (cops, La Hague lawyers, vigilantes, members etc...), reading these few threads (out of a thousand topics) will see we are merely discussing about it, no one has given an approval to it, just said they went to these places, without too much advocating for them on this very thread ("hey, men, you gotta go...It's the coollest!"), and i don't think it hardly places the board in a difficult light or puts it in a "sex crusade" red alert, or even disapproval in itself. Time for you to relativize too.....

ok so it's like this I guess: advertise sex tourism in thailand is great, while cambodia is a no go! simply because everyone going to LOS only indulge with girls that are prostitutes by choice while in cambodia men go to have sex with slaves right?

I know the situation ain't black & white, but it seems to a few guys around here to be the case - no offense ;-)

lets all keep on getting wiser so back on topic!

i'd like to thank peter1964, mart_uk, doxyblue, changnoi, and other reasonable respondents for their considered posts on this topic.

there's always the problem of how to have fun without aiding those who abuse others.

while some fasten on km11 as a specific site of prolific child abuse, the truth is that this happens everywhere, in every country. i feel that it is an abomination, and should be suppressed whenever possible. in western countries, this can be done by informing the police. in asia, the police are part of the problem. sometimes the best that an individual can do is to refrain from participating, and only use the services of obviousy legal age persons.

in 7 years of visiting km11, i have never seen any signs of toture or physical abuse. i have seen women who were reluctant, or just plainly dis-interested. i have seen children offered there when i first started going. in recent years they were not so obviously available. six months ago i was there early in the morning, and none of the houses were open. a boy asked me if i wanted a girl (duh), and led me to a shack off the main street. inside i was greeted by a dozen young girls, some of whom were 6 years old. i backed out of there real quick. so, the problem still exists. as it does in all countries in asia. it is a long standing cultural facet, far more than a creation of foriegn molesters.

i have always stated my opposition to people purchasing the services of under-18's.

the issue of indenturment is one of credit. people are paid up front for services to be paid off over time. whether it's a young woman getting the equivalent of a year's wages in a clothing factory to be worked off in six months as a prostitute, or a worker getting consumer goods to be paid off as a wage slave over their life time, it's still payment now for labor over time.

the fact that a young woman is working off a debt at km11 should not be confused with her hating what she's doing. many of these women respond enthusiastically when treated well and considerately. i recently returned from phnom penh, and i swear that the young woman i had the last two days was doing her best to work me to death. she was physically and sexually strong, knew what she wanted, and slut that i am, i couldn't deny her demands. this was not the behavior of someone being forced against their will.

Fly,

The board rules are general for good reason. We don't have a rule about pollution, which should not lead anyone to believe that we are promoting it. I am quite certain that if we polled all the boards participants they would overwhelmingly be against pollution, or even indentured servitude for that matter. Nonetheless if some wise person thinks he is doing the world a favor by chirping give a hoot don't pollute every time the issue of air travel comes up, the regular participants would quickly become annoyed and for good reason.

I look at this thread and I see that of the last 20 messages nearly a third of them are yours the remainder are almost entirely directed at you. This reminds me of the penhball thread of a few days ago and I don't relish happening again. I have a few suggestions:

1.When there is a thread about board policies you will be most welcome to participate, this is not that thread. In the meantime if you have some special needs that you feel are being ignored vis-a-vis the rules I suggest you assemble a cogent statement and PM it to one of the moderators. Keep in mind, as stated above the rules are general to facilitate discussion and to minimize the work on mods, which is entirely voluntary.

2.Read the FAQ http://www.nanaplaza.com/faq.php the part that says If you have political, religious, or other 'issues' of a controversial nature that you need to preach about, there are more 'serious' boards out there that can accommodate you and your message. Our goal here is to keep things light and fun. seems to have been written with you in mind.

3.As for this board instead of repeating yourself ad nauseum here why dont you post your expose on Cambodia on the web, and then in your users profile put a link to your homepage (note that does not mean you can put the link in every post that you make). This will save you from repeating yourself, and for those who are already familiar with your position, they will be spared from reading it again and again.

AG

Adikgede, thanks for that, and my reponse the the posts above is contained below.

Hi all, once again there are posts on a recurring theme that don't belong here, or on this board.

Please read the below.

From the - Board Rules:

Registration as a User implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:

1. '- Participants shall not post any material likely to cause offence, etc...'

When these posts appear, offence is often caused.

2. '- The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.'

I am one of the moderators.

3. '- This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the Forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.'

Please note the '...any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.'

This means we don't condone, approve, promote, or wish to be responsible for posts, be they adversarial or defensive, of any matters which keep appearing in unrelated discussions.

And from the - Nanaplaza.Com Message board FAQ

'Regional sanuk Moderated by: Adik Gede, Coss'

'2) What's not appropriate? Anything prohibited by the general rules of the board as a whole.'

See Board Rules 1. above.

'3) Any other rules or advice? Be nice. Please don't flame.'

Right. Now having got that out of the way I'll address one point.

As has gently and not so gently been made clear to all and sundry in the recent and distant past: this board has no interest in the goings on of people who are not here for the purposes of Sanuk and its associated activities in Thailand.

Whilst the Regional Section of this board is here to provide the users with Sanuk information for other countries of the world, it is not here to provide a forum for users who may have opinions, right or wrong, about some other aspect of another country, except as a precautionary piece of advice.

This advice may or may not include comment from the poster as to the veracity of said advice.

The ability to post such advice is allowed on the understanding that the advice is not a pre-cursor to the establishment of a forum, thread or other discussion on this board, dealing wholy or partly in the advice, where that advice does not fall under the general meaning of Sanuk.

And now to make it Blindingly Obvious. Posts dealing with non-A4A that is, non-Adult for Adult, matters of the kind that the usual suspects insist on making will be edited or deleted.

The Regional Section of this board is here to provide the users with Sanuk information for other countries of the world. If anyone has a non or deficient understanding of the term 'Sanuk' I refer them to the Language section of this board.

Now all this may seem a little heavy-handed but if it isn't complied with I'll be having to spend a lot of time deleting, something I'd rather not do.

Archived