What happened to Cleo Odzer

Hi there

May be you should look in the COMPUSERVE TRAVEL FORUM. You can reach it from the web after just a small registration at no extra cost.

This is where I first heard from Cleo and this is where I heard from her demise.

Greetings

cool.gif" border="0 TSDOUBLE2 cool.gif" border="0

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I agree with Pattaya127.

The book wasn't a total waste. I enjoyed the funny anecdotes and it provided a glimple into parts of Thai life that the average sex tourist (like me laugh.gif" border="0 ) would not normally see.

I did object to the sappy stories of her "love affair" with that street hustler. It seemed way off topic, the book ostensibly being about bg's and the industry as a whole, not the Life and Loves of Dr. O. At the time I was looking for a bit more information on the Sanuk scene and felt she missed a great opportunity.

The PhD comment was tongue-in-cheek. I read that the book was, more-or-less, a derivative of her doctoral thesis. That's why I said what I said. If the thesis was anything like the book...

Anyway, I have a pristine copy of the book in hardcover if anybody's interested wink.gif" border="0

PhordPhan

Internet klutz, bon vivant and

all-around nice guy.

cool.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by pattaya127:

--------------------------------

Sorry she died, a friend wanted to buy the rights to her book to make a movie.[/QB]

What's stopping your mate getting the rights? If anything it may be easier. I didn't see anyone asking Shakespeare if Mel Gibson could do Hamlet.

The NYTimes is a great paper, but it is very stuffy, politically correct, bleeding heart liberal, and in some ways behind the times. So it is not certain they would run an obit on Cleo even if they knew she died.

I quote Cleo's opinion of Patpong girls in Thailand: Land of Beautiful Women. In the book, I refer to "Cleo is." The book is with the printer now so too late to change it to "the late Cleo was...." Not a happy change, anyway. And, besides, we can't confirm it yet.

Cheers!

It's too bad too die at such a young age but I thought her book was garbage. She says she spent nearly a year in Thailand before she even worked up the nerve to go to Patong. Shallow is how I would describe it. Thai girls just love being prostitutes and everything has a happy ending (yeah right).

Hi all

sorry to inform you that my tip about compuserve seem to be no good anymore - all old messages - seem to have been deleted nothing to find there about cleo anymore

but thanks for all your effords anyway - may be there will be some up to date info some time in the future

Greetings

cool.gif" border="0 TSDOUBLE2 cool.gif" border="0

[ June 28, 2001: Message edited by: TSDOUBLE2 ]

Interesting how these things bite you up

crazy.gif" border="0

I've got this one: There's a young Thai singer named Jason Young. I used to hear about him all the time because I share his first name. Recently, I heard from various people that he's died, but from others, that he hasn't. I can't find anything on the Net. It's eating me up! I feel a strange kinship with this guy by now.? mad.gif" border="0

Anyone know anything?

Strange the things you can't find on the web. I once tried to find a picture of a Jaffa cake for someone that hadn't seen one. Easy, you'd think? Spent hours..

• 2 weeks later...

I wrote this to the site which had announced her death..

Hello,

Could you please confirm if Dr. Cleo Odzer is indeed dead. The only info we can find on the web is your story. We pray that this is not true so could you tell us more.

Thanks in advance,

Response back was this from

lisa dunno" <witchyho@hotmail.com>

One of the writers for this site confirmed it..but you know how deceptive the web can be..sorry..wish I could help more.

Archived