DVD player recommendation?

Stickman

I have put it off for so long, but with the prices of DVDs dtroppnig all the tiem, I think it is time to buy a DVD player. Anyone got any recommendations of which model to buy and where (here in Bangkok). Ideally I want a DVD player that can also play MP3 CDs, though this is not imperative. I want a relatively cheap model, but a known brand such as Panasonic, Pioneer, Sony etc. any specific recommendations?

Thanks for any help.

Stick

dvd players are like vcr's now. the quality is all pretty much the same. the selling point for the brand names are all the extra "options". the best recommendation for a dvd player is the cable. get a high quality S-Video cable and that your television is able to connect to it.

Stick,

Went out to the movies on Saturday night, decided I didn't like what was playing at the Siam Discovery EGV, so walk downstairs and bought a new Sony DVP-K370 on sale for THB 9,900. They had another model for THB 7,900 but it was not in stock at that Sony store.

It will play DVD (all regions), VCD, MP3, music CD's, and DATA CD (CD-ROM, CR-R's / CD-RW), etc...

It will not play :

DVD-RW in VR Mode

DVD-ROM

DVD Audio Disks

D layer on Super Audio CD's

I bought the S Video cable (extra) also.

Happy with it so far, but only have one DVD. Went to buy the real ones in CD Warehouse and they wanted between 800 and 1200 baht each.

Cheers!

I dont know if DVD are going to be that big here in LOS. DVD are everywheres back home in canuck land, mainly because the price of movies and popcorn would bankrupt anyone without a 7 figure salary. DVD make for a cheap alternative to the movies.

Here in Thailand with movies between 100-120B a person, I could go out to the movies all the time. ( but I wish they had real butter popcorn) and DVD sales have been slower.

The only place I know that rents DVD is a small store just beside the indonesia embassy on Phetburi. Anyone know of another place?

Archived